What color is my keet?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by txchickie, Oct 20, 2009.

1. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    It's 6-7 weeks old, fully feathered.....but what the heck color is it?

Sorry for the awful pictures and nosy EE girls, getting a good picture of a crazy keet isn't easy!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kick'n chick'n

kick'n chick'n Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    tennessee
    my guess would be pied pearl just has a lot of white.

3. They call these guys "bad whites". The feathers can be a few other colors and even a patch of pearl patterns.

Whites have light colored skin and lighter meat. Pure white Giuneas are nice, but frankly I love the "bad whites". I think they are cool.

4. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:Oh wow, neat! I think LOL

I saw him in the bin at the feed store and stood there for forever trying to figure out what color he'd be. He was the only one in the bin that looked like that. Then I said to myself "Self, you'd better take him home so you can figure out the answer".

And here we are almost 2 months later [​IMG] It's a good thing I brought him home, huh? [​IMG]

5. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    oh he's pretty [​IMG]

6. TheGoldenRoo

TheGoldenRoo A Crazy and Fun Chicken

Oct 15, 2009
    ND
    Rarely you can get a White Guinea!!! I don't know if this is your case but we have had three hatch!

7. bemba

bemba Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Mary Valley QLD.
    Awesome! Could it be a brown or chocolate pinto? Or possibly a chimera? Have you got pics of it as a hatchling?

8. BarbaraNH

BarbaraNH Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    I would call this guinea keet a pinto - with some pearl gray feathering, which is in essence a heavily pied pearl gray. I've never heard of "bad whites" or "chimera," so I don't know if those names would also apply. He is a beautiful bird! I don't blame you for taking him home, txchickie.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by