What color is this Muscovy duckling?

Barred is a recessive gene. Some of your ducks must be carriers for the gene. The ducks also loose their barred look as they age. The muscovy on my avatar picture is a barred muscovy, but you can barely see it now.
Huh, interesting, is there away to tell who is carrying the Barr gen? I’m thinking the drake possibly, but I raised him from duckling and he never had any barr

Huh, interesting, is there away to tell who is carrying the Barr gen? I’m thinking the drake possibly, but I raised him from duckling and he never had any barr
The only way to tell if they are carriers is to breed them to a barred muscovy. If they are a carrier, you will get barred offspring. If they are not, you will get all solid ducks. However, all those solids will all be carriers.

The only way to tell if they are carriers is to breed them to a barred muscovy. If they are a carrier, you will get barred offspring. If they are not, you will get all solid ducks. However, all those solids will all be carriers.
Ok, thank you! I don’t have any Barr except this drake duckling, but maybe I’ll search for a barr hen

What color is this sweet baby? I’m hoping it’s a hen! I’ve never seen one like this and tried to look it up, but that didn’t work lol
7E820E62-8B8A-4D85-A969-29C18343F6B2.jpeg
30695F24-77B1-4508-BD8A-47B9E706902C.jpeg

It is beautiful! It is either a silver or lavender. The silvers will have brown tones sometimes, while lavenders will not. Silvers will also have a gray or black bean.
Thank you! It’s most likely a lavender, that’s what both parents were. She has a “bib” looking marking.

Back
Top Bottom