• Cameo

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Purple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Quote:
I do not think so... Here is a picture of just a blackshoulder peachick, and if it was even pied it would have more white.
Black%20Shoulder%20Chick.jpg

And here is a Blackshoulder Silver Pied (there are not any pictures of Blackshoulder Pied peachicks on Legg's Peafowl):
Black%20Shoulder%20Silver%20Pied%20Chick%201.jpg

Both pictures were from Legg's Peafowl.

I think I have figured out that the IB (either split white or dark pied???) is the mother of that peachick. I let her free range, she went broody, hatched out seven peachicks and once again I have another cameo looking peachick. The only peacock free ranging was the white one. I am not sure if that will help to identify her. Because of that information wouldn't that eliminate possibilities of her being spalding?

A white looking peacock must carry two white genes.It must also be carrying a cameo gene meaning split to cameo. As a result you got a cameo looking chick with white flights. This chick must be a female. The mother is Indiablue which can not be split to cameo. Therefore , this chick got only one copy of cameo gene from its father only by chance and happened to be a female Cameo ( sex linked ) hens do not need two copies of that gene to express. Now the question of spalding---- If the father- white male is also a spalding indicated by the presence of light to dark yellow band on his face depending on the percentage of green, this chick will be a " spalding cameo split white hen " otherwise simply a "cameo split white hen ". Let us wait and see how it develops.

That ended up being a cameo split white peahen. I hatched two that year and determined that that white peacock was split cameo. I sold one of those hens and the other I kept until she was coming two. Unfortunately she turned white and went blind. I eventually found a local home for her along with a charcoal silver pied hen and the blind bronze progressive pied peacock.

Yes they can progressively turn white and go blind. With cameo it was referred to as the lethal gene. My bronze progressive pied turned white at an alarmingly fast rate and went blind. With these mutations there are downsides such as blindness unfortunately.

That is a nice peachick. It is either cameo or peach. What are its parents?

It came from @Kedreeva who seems to have some interesting surprises in her pen.
Here are more pictures. I think it looks just like yours in the younger pictures.

Back
Top Bottom