What color is this?

cowman910

Songster
10 Years
Feb 1, 2009
Suffolk County,NY
I was wondering what color this showgirl is. Is it pure bred? Is it still a silkie? Also if i mix silkie colors will they sell as pure bred silkies if i say they are not pure colors?
sorry about all the questions, i want these to be my breeders next year! tell me if you need more pics

22220_p5220138.jpg

the tail coloring
22220_shgi_fll_bdy.jpg

the whole body all together
thank you, mike

Last edited:
look up at the blue header
see uploads, hit it!
upload pic

there is a tab called my uploads in right bottom corner
hit it
find pic and copy image code

paste

wahhh laaaa
13039_easter_pig_and_chicks_postage_stamp-d172007664075795840vmua_325.jpg

Last edited:
The one in the photo looks to be blue partridge. THe difference between grey and blue partridge is that in a grey, all the feathers are shades of black and white and grey. In a blue partridge, the areas that would be black are blue, but the brown/red/gold areas remain brown/red/gold.

thank you guys! i have one more question
th.gif
would this cockeral have too much white to be splash?
22220_p5220128.jpg

and does black sometimes have gold on the neck?
22220_p5220132.jpg

you can kinda see the other ones tail in this picture

The one that has lots of white is not a white, nor is it splash. It looks somewhat like columbian (sometimes called "light"), but without the neck lacings.

Blacks do sometimes have gold or silver show on their necks, but it is a DQ.

I have a showgirl chick that looks a lot like that first one. Mine is actually a cross between my white showgirl roo (hiding blue/black) and a mille fleur d'uccle. S/he looks like wild rabbit fur but has little white whiskers sticking out from her chin. The little bit of beard is the only way I knew it was a d'uccle cross.

I love the color and hope it's a hen.

Quote:
Those four? I only say two?

Play around with the chicken calculator. select columbian as the colour for the whitish one, black and gold gene for the gold neck--or select birchen, then change the e-allele (for both) to e^b. Press Calculate Crossing, and see what you get.

Back
Top Bottom