What color/ pattern chicken sells the best

CHICKENX2005

Songster
Feb 2, 2024
Hi just wondering what color chicken is easiest to sell and which one is the most difficult to sell? Just curious because I have a lot of different breeds of chickens and mixed breed chickens. I like hatching and selling chicks and chickens and am curious what colors I should breed for the most.

I'm not trying to make money I just enjoy raising chicks and want to make sure people will want the chicks I'm selling so I don't get stuck with a bunch of chickens no one wants.

I've found the certain breeds sell better in my area than overall colors. But for people that don't care about breeds, it's the funkier looking the better.

Whims change rapidly so I wouldn't base a breeding program off of what is popular right now. For a while in my area, Easter Eggers were the thing everyone wanted. Now it's calico Cochins you see a bunch of. I agree with Amer to breed the birds you like best and avoid hatching more than you can keep in case you get stuck with them.

I like friendly chicks. If they're friendly and like being around me, I think they are beautiful, no matter what color/pattern they are.

Back
Top Bottom