What color should Delaware x New hampshires pullets be

Quote:
Yeah, really, right.
lol.png

BTW my brother (aka. biomistake on the BYC) lives kinda sorta up around your neck of the woods he's in Russellville and he's a poultry aficionado also, too. He's coming down home here this fall to replenish his chicken addiction outta my multitudes of birds that I over hatched
he.gif
this past spring.

Good chatting with you cousin
lau.gif

till later on, bye

Jeff

You just ain't gonna believe this......I just moved up here FROM Russellville!

It is a small world after all- Mickey Mouse is so right, huh?

Hey there Mrs. Kathy I see your hot on the trail for information on those mysterious & eluding ?'s on Delaware genetics, go gettem'.
lol.png

I guess you's gettin' a hoot and a holler out of my goofy adventures in life huh? I got lots of them, have a lot that are not censored for family type chat forums though,
hide.gif
gig.gif
And will leave them be. Fo sho!

I am interested too in the story behind that Del patterned pullet too from Tim, might it be one his R.I.Silver experimental gals, maybe?

Jeff

Quote:
Tim,
Was this Delaware pullet made from other breeds, or did she come from Delaware parents?

She is a product from my Barred Rhode Island red project. I knew I would also produce some Delaware like birds and some silver wheatens while producing the rhodebar. I did a couple more years of crossing and produced her and some more like her. I sold all the birds and I am no longer working on the barred rhode island red or the silver wheaten project. I still have two of my barred rhode island red hens.

The silver wheaten females had a ton of red in them- I was working on the genetics of autosomal red- she and her sisters were the first birds I produced that did not have autosomal red.

This is one of the silver wheatens that expressed the autosomal red .

13371_100_3227.jpg

This is a Delaware like male I had produced. He expressed a bunch of smut in his feathers- but with a few more years of crossing that could be removed in his descendants..

13371_silver.jpg

I am still working on the autosomal red- but I am using Missouri Topknots instead of the silver wheaten birds I produced.

To answer your question she has Rhode island red and barred rock as her ancestors.

I believe great great great great grandma was a rhode island red and great great great great grandpa was a barred rock.

Tim

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom