1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What color was this Holland Lop Rabbit?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by AuberyMirkwood, Sep 19, 2011.

1. AuberyMirkwood

AuberyMirkwood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Clovis NM
    This was Spice, my best friend for seven years. I'm looking for another rabbit just like him and I'm wondering what color he was.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  2. bobwhitelover

bobwhitelover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    SOmerset
    Hes called a Fawn or a Orange. Looks more like a Fawn

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I say a bright fawn. Second pic looks more orange, but not orange enough.

4. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    You said "was"...did you lose your friend? I am SO sorry. Those little sweeties really can take hold of your heart strings. I know I love my two. I don't know as much about colors yet as I would like, but I agree fawn would be the best choice.
    But look at torts. There are a LOT of good torts out there, it is one of the most popular Holland Lop colors, and you might like it.

5. AuberyMirkwood

AuberyMirkwood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Clovis NM
    Quote:Yes I lost him last year (He was 7 years old which pretty good for the small breeds I think, he was doing great until one morning I found him dead). He got me through a lot of really hard times [​IMG] I love Torts too [​IMG] I'm shopping around to find a local breeder, I'm considering other colors but his color is my first pick. I'm well aware that sometimes you go in looking for a certain thing and somebody else grabs your heart. I miss him dearly. He was every bit as smart as a dog, he was fearless and loved people. He and our bird dog even played touch tag, they were best friends [​IMG] I'm missing bunny companionship [​IMG]

6. xchairity_casex

xchairity_casex Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    [​IMG] im so sorry it must have been very hard for you!
    good luck on finding a new little companion! your little bunny was just beautiful

7. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    sorry for your loss.

He was a fawn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by