what color will this baby button quail be???

Discussion in 'Quail' started by azer, Sep 5, 2013.

1. azer

azer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2013
    Moreno Valley , CA
    [​IMG][​IMG]I would like to know if any could help,what color mutation will this baby be when its all grown up I know I should be patient but take a look at the at his feet they are dark all the buttons I've seen have yellow or orange... Hope I have a nice color mutation bab[​IMG]y

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  2. moe ayoub

moe ayoub Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2013
    London.west Kensington
    It will be a mix of Green purple brown black and blue , just kiding wish you will have a good answer

3. SeptemberQuail

SeptemberQuail Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2012
    Australia
    There's no real way of telling until they fully grow their feathers (not when they start to grow their feathers as their feathers can change colours completely).
    Its a real pretty chick though. I'm guessing it could be a tuxedo, but I don't know a lot about button quail colourations.

4. flg8r

flg8r Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2013
    No idea but from the one chick I've had, they change colors quite a bit. Ours was white, then dark, then lighter gray and is now super dark with white/gray wings.

5. azer

Mar 17, 2013
    Moreno Valley , CA
    Your.funny I was starting to believe Ty you .

6. azer

Mar 17, 2013
    Moreno Valley , CA
    Thanks everybody for your reply's

;) I will just be patient they grow up so quickly anyways.

7. azer

Mar 17, 2013
    Moreno Valley , CA
    Can u post a picture I don't think I've seen one like that before.

8. flg8r

flg8r Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2013
    He's a spaz and I had to grab him yesterday so he's extra spooked. It was hard to get a pic, but this is him. He's mostly dark except you can see a bit of lighter feathers poking through on the top of his head and when he opens his wings, you can really see the white feathers on his wings. There's a lot more white than you see when they're folded.

[​IMG]

Edited to add his mate because she's so beautiful and sweet. her feathers are a little ruffled here, this is the day we got her. Her markings are so pretty and normally look perfect:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  9. azer

Mar 17, 2013
    Moreno Valley , CA
    Oh he's a real nice looking little guy I hope my little one looks like him. Your little girl is beautiful I have one just like her she's giving me white babies,silvers, and cinnamon her boy friend is a tuxedo color..I'm getting addictive to incubating all my quail eggs and so far all have been hatching right now I have 25 babies tomorrow 10 will hatch and another 10 will go on lock down tomorrow so by the end of this week ill have 45 babies OMG I have to start selling some..... I live in riverside if anybody is interested

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by