What colors are these?

Melontine

Songster
May 26, 2019
Maine
I just hatched an assortment of silkie eggs yesterday. These kids are straight out of the incubator today.
They're all supposed to be show quality with beards, crests, and muffs. I'm wondering what they'll look like full grown.
There's ten in this picture and if the last one hatches I'll send that one here too. I'll also try to get some individual pictures up a little later when they're more used to the brooder.

1591538064201.png

Attachments

• 1591538074425.png
    1591538074425.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 1
Looks like black, blue, splash, partridge, and some mixed colors.

Way to early to know if they are show quality. Even out of show quality breeders only about 10% will be show quality.

Looks like black, blue, splash, partridge, and some mixed colors.

Way to early to know if they are show quality. Even out of show quality breeders only about 10% will be show quality.

Awesome! I love the assortment I got. I'm kind of thinking one of them might be white as well; the little yellow one on the right end. I ordered them from a seller off eBay so whether or not they'll have all the traits advertised I'll have to wait and see.
I never knew that about show quality birds, just that these eggs were advertised as such. Guess I'll have to come back here in a month or two to figure out how to tell if any will grow into that standard. When would you be able to tell?

Awesome! I love the assortment I got. I'm kind of thinking one of them might be white as well; the little yellow one on the right end. I ordered them from a seller off eBay so whether or not they'll have all the traits advertised I'll have to wait and see.
I never knew that about show quality birds, just that these eggs were advertised as such. Guess I'll have to come back here in a month or two to figure out how to tell if any will grow into that standard. When would you be able to tell?

When they are 6/8 months old.

Back
Top Bottom