What colors/patterns are my ameraucana pullets?

Shugercube

Songster
Apr 17, 2022
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Not sure if this is the right area, please forgive me if not. But, I am just wondering what coloring my ameraucana are? I’m not too familiar with how their patterns differ and what colors they’d be called.

Oreo: she originally looked just black and white, hence the name. She’s a really interesting mix of patterns. I’m not even sure if there’s a name for it. Her legs are also a weird greenish gray color, and not the bluish slate color of the other two.
57733726-E35D-41A1-8C69-8BC70295F5DB.jpeg

Blue Too: is she a self blue?
AB013107-95D7-4879-9FC4-BBD265715F55.jpeg

Lastly, this Still unnamed pullet. Kinda hard to tell but her head is all light grey (blue?), then her body is white and tan/brown. I’m guessing this would be called a splash…? Wheaten? Buff? Lol like I said I’m clueless.

AB4FC81E-03A9-477D-9C86-ADA28910F54C.jpeg

B4A1CF40-821F-4245-BBD4-0C517099E229.jpeg

8FDABF88-8F96-44F3-94E3-35F73F974557.jpeg

Blue Too is regular blue. Self blue is another way of saying lavender, which she is not.

The other two are mixed colors. There is no pattern that matches them in the standard.

Oreo shows signs of possibly being a cockerel with the splotchy color pattern. I would keep an eye on its comb. A sudden growth spurt or a deep coloring in that area before 12 weeks would be strong indicators that you have a cockerel.

All appear to be EE. They all have a yellow tint to their legs (making them look more green instead of slate).

Oreo shows signs of possibly being a cockerel with the splotchy color pattern. I would keep an eye on its comb. A sudden growth spurt or a deep coloring in that area before 12 weeks would be strong indicators that you have a cockerel.
No no don’t curse me with the C-word 🙉
Lol I already have like eighty boys 😭 ( not literately but like half my flock is boys I need to get rid of 😬)

Where did you get them? The first one is an Easter egger, kinda looks like it may be a cockerel too. The second one seems to be a blue Ameraucana and the third might be an Easter egger as well.
Just tractor supply, so I realize they’re probably not true ameraucana, that’s just what they were sold as…

Back
Top Bottom