What colour are my buttons?

Walk like an egg

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2020
Hi. My first ever button quail incubation hatch produced some lovely youngsters. Mostly white, a couple silver and these two (pictured with a white). Can anyone tell me what colour they are known as please.
20200706_191022.jpg

Attachments

• 20200706_191022.jpg
    20200706_191022.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 2
Hrrrrm... so many years since I’ve had buttons. Dark one looks like blue face (female). Light one Is pied (no idea of sex).

Hi. My first ever button quail incubation hatch produced some lovely youngsters. Mostly white, a couple silver and these two (pictured with a white). Can anyone tell me what colour they are known as please. View attachment 2229883

Back, right is a white.

Front is a tuxedo (not 100% sure what type of tux).

Back, left is a male. He's some sort of pearl, not quite red breasted. Probably a mutation we don't have here in Australia.

Back, right is a white.

Front is a tuxedo (not 100% sure what type of tux).

Back, left is a male. He's some sort of pearl, not quite red breasted. Probably a mutation we don't have here in Australia.
Interesting you say the pearl is a male. What tells you its male?

Ok. Thanks for the help. It's all new to me but I was convinced it was female. Looking at sites on the internet they seem to say females can have a light colour but males are very strong coloured. This one seems very feint. I guess time will tell. Its been a lovely experience. I keep ducks really but ebayed these for some fun and I have been fascinated by them. Very entertaining little things aren't they.

Back
Top Bottom