what could have happend

Feb 3, 2021
so i have recently had a lot of chickens die i don't know how but most of them were outside i had over 30 chickens now i am down to 17 bout to be 16 chickens beause one is not moving that much and only eating what should i do they were all perfectly healthy and getting fed and watered i don't know if it was some type of disease one of them brought in as a baby cause this started when they were babys and now i am not allowed to get more chickens since they keep dying

Any time one loses lots of chickens in short order, it is imperative to send a sick bird or recently dead one to your state poultry diagnostic lab to have a necropsy.
You'll have a provisional diagnosis in a couple days. An absolute diagnosis will follow after results of lab tests.
What state are you in?
Usually if you call, the lab will send you a FedEx label to ship the "medical sample" to the lab.
I usually hand carry a sick bird for humane euthanasia and diagnosis.

Wasting time guessing will only lose more birds.

Have you ever treated your chickens with Corid for coccidiosis? You have posted in the past about chickens who were puffed up, and that was brought up.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/help-is-it-sick-or-is-it-dying.1482600/

What signs are they having now? Signs of coccidiosis are being lethargic/sleepy, not eating, puffed up or hunched, runny poop with mucus or sometimes blood, and death. Corid is found at feed stores and dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder in each gallon of water for 5-7 days.

Have you ever treated your chickens with Corid for coccidiosis? You have posted in the past about chickens who were puffed up, and that was brought up.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/help-is-it-sick-or-is-it-dying.1482600/

What signs are they having now? Signs of coccidiosis are being lethargic/sleepy, not eating, puffed up or hunched, runny poop with mucus or sometimes blood, and death. Corid is found at feed stores and dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder in each gallon of water for 5-7 days.
No I did give them dewormer when they were a few months old

But the rooster I have is slowly dying it already closed it's eyes and it's not moving that much

Burying them won't tell you how to save the rest.

Here is one of your labs.

Rollins Diagnostic Laboratory
North Carolina Department of Agriculture
2101 Blue Ridge Rd
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607-6432
Phone: 919-733-3986

Back
Top Bottom