What could it be and how to capture

BroodyMama1

Songster
5 Years
Feb 21, 2018
Kentucky
So we just had our second killing in the last could of weeks last night. The first was 5 of our “babies” and 1 older hurt hen. Last night was one of our younger new layers. She had her head ripped off, and almost fully ripped in half. I live in Northern Kentucky in a subdivision. I know out in the boarders we have raccoons, opossums, and skunks. I want to set a live trap to capture it so that way I know what it is and to get rid of it. What would be the best “universal” bait? We actually don’t see these animals in the sub just going up the hill to it. And maybe in my 4 years here have seen 3 “stray” cats.

To trap you should get a live trap and put wet cat food in it. Most predators love that and you could trap him then release him far amay.
Please Please do not release far away. They will just come back. How would you like it if someone released a predator near you? And in some states it's illegal to release a wild animal far away. Thanks.

Please Please do not release far away. They will just come back. How would you like it if someone released a predator near you? And in some states it's illegal to release a wild animal far away. Thanks.
I wouldn’t mind if they released a predator near me because they never bother me because of my dog. But I get what your saying. There are probably places that they can release far away that have no people there.

I haven’t had a predator here because of him in 8 years, they all got killed if they came on my property. We only have coyotes.
Either you have predators or you don't. They came on your property or they didn't. What happens when he's inside or at the vet's. Remember you don't have predators until you do.

I have 2 dogs but it’s been raining so they can’t do there nightly hang out. Oh I’m definitely going to kill it. Killing my poor girls thing dosent deserve to be released. Yes yes I know circle of life but if it would just actually take the bird and eat it instead of slaughtering it, not eating it and leaving it for us to clean up I wouldn’t be as mad.

Either you have predators or you don't. They came on your property or they didn't. What happens when he's inside or at the vet's. Remember you don't have predators until you do.
Well he doesn’t ever come inside. He stays outside only. I have seen him kill a raccoon with my own eyes
8FAF3086-A005-4517-A5A7-2FCEB308AFAC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom