What could she be?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by quiltnchik, Jun 20, 2009.

1. quiltnchik

quiltnchik Songster

May 19, 2009
    Virginia
    I had a chick hatch yesterday and am wondering what she could be (I'm pretty sure she's a "she," from both vent sexing and wing feather sexing - so that's WONDERFUL news!). Anyway, here are her specs:

- Black with red stripes on face over and below eyes
    - Belly is cream/reddish
    - Legs are slate with light feathering
    - 5 toes on each foot

I know she's a "mutt" - the eggs came from the farm where my horses are boarded and they have all types of hens and roos running around - but what does she MOST sound like?

Sorry I don't have any pics. We're in the process of moving and I have no idea where the rechargeable batteries are for my camera [​IMG]

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  2. quiltnchik

quiltnchik Songster

May 19, 2009
    Virginia
    Someone? Anyone? I don't want her to go through life thinking she's "just a mutt!" [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Five toes is the most telling thing about that list. What color is her skin? Could be Silkie cross or Dorking or Sultan, but the feathered legs seem to knock out the Dorking. It's hard to say without a picture, though.

4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Faverolles have 5 toes, too [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

I knew I was forgetting something! Thanks, Sonoran!

6. quiltnchik

quiltnchik Songster

May 19, 2009
    Virginia
    Quote:I bet that's IT!! The egg she came from was medium size and cream in color. Thanks Sonoran Silkies! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: