What could this be on my turkey

Katja93

Hatching
Jan 23, 2021
My young male turkey has been less active for couple days, mostly just laying down. Today I noticed he has this injury on his wing. He is off balance,, and has a hard time getting up if he has fallen over. What could it be and what should I do? I put some hydroxyzine peroxide on it for now.
20220527_214747.jpg

He looks to have been attacked by the bruising, swelling, and dried blood. Do you have other males? Can you clean his wound with chlorhexidene or Hibiclens and rinse with water? Then use a plain antibiotic ointment or chlorhexidene cream on his wound twice a day? Vetericycn or similar wound sprays are also good. I am not familiar with turkeys, but there is also a turkey forum under the heading “forums” above.

He looks to have been attacked by the bruising, swelling, and dried blood. Do you have other males? Can you clean his wound with chlorhexidene or Hibiclens and rinse with water? Then use a plain antibiotic ointment or chlorhexidene cream on his wound twice a day? Vetericycn or similar wound sprays are also good. I am not familiar with turkeys, but there is also a turkey forum under the heading “forums” above.
No I don't, have roosters though. Okay I don't have those things but will try figure it out. Thank you

Could he have been attacked by a predator, such as a dog or raccoon? I would check to see if his wing may be broken, or if he has internal injuries. Place food and water very close to him within reach. Let us know how he gets along.

Back
Top Bottom