What day my eggs are on

anniemarie01

Chirping
May 15, 2020
Hey! This is the first time I've had a broody hen, and we're really excited for her eggs to hatch. However, when she finally decided to sit on eggs for good (the other ones she'd abandon or they turned out to be infertile), I forgot to mark which day they were layed. As a result, I have two eggs she's been sitting on that show development, but I'm not sure what day they're on. I'm wondering if any of you help me decide what day they are? I think they're fifteen but thats just a random guess haha! Also they're brown eggs, so it might be a bit harder to see. If anyone else has this problem feel free to post!
IMG_2304.jpg
IMG_2305.jpg
IMG_2306.jpg
IMG_2307.jpg
IMG_2308.jpg

Second egg
IMG_2309.jpg
IMG_2310.jpg
IMG_2313.jpg
IMG_2315.jpg
IMG_2316.jpg
IMG_2317.jpg
IMG_2318.jpg
IMG_2319.jpg
IMG_2320.jpg
IMG_2322.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2314.jpg
    IMG_2314.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 0
They look like they’re somewhere in week two, day 14ish probably, but only the second one looks viable. I can’t see any veining on the first one. If you hold them really still can you see movement in both? Not like liquid slowly shifting movement, but the embryo actually wiggling?

They look like they’re somewhere in week two, day 14ish probably, but only the second one looks viable. I can’t see any veining on the first one. If you hold them really still can you see movement in both? Not like liquid slowly shifting movement, but the embryo actually wiggling?
IMG_4036.jpg
IMG_4037.jpg
IMG_4041.jpg

Thank you for replying! Here's another picture of the first egg from a different view... there's a small amount of vasculature but not much. I know it looks a lot different than the other one but I haven't seen a picture of an egg that looks like mine online. It's supposed to be like 1 or 2 days ahead of the other one too:( Do you know what could have caused it to look like this? Also when I hold them I can't tell if they're moving or if it's just the liquid moving them.

Oh they are under a hen. The best thing you can do is put them back and don’t touch the second one for one week, then candle again. throw out the first egg if it looks bad in 3-5 days, but for now leave it. Sometimes they just die in the shell for no reason.

Oh they are under a hen. The best thing you can do is put them back and don’t touch the second one for one week, then candle again. throw out the first egg if it looks bad in 3-5 days, but for now leave it. Sometimes they just die in the shell for no reason.
Okay thank you for all your help!

Back
Top Bottom