What did my chicken just poop out?

Mcmchick

Chirping
May 30, 2021
Hi! I am attaching pictures of what my chicken pooped out this morning.
Yesterday I made a thread asking for help as she's still been sick. I'll attach the link to that thread here if anyone wants background. But I wanted to get this picture some attention with a new post to hopefully get an answer.

Thread 'Sick Chicken - Lethargic, sleepy eyes, clear liquid poop, floppy comb, won't eat, will drink.' https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...poop-floppy-comb-wont-eat-will-drink.1594967/

Attachments

• received_3614580735466183.jpeg
    received_3614580735466183.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 60
  • received_121607721025503.jpeg
    received_121607721025503.jpeg
    235.3 KB · Views: 17
She's very sick. Looks like last egg.
Antibiotics MAY help but it may be too late already for antibiotics to help.

Can you go to a vet today?

That looks to be an abnormal egg, of which there are many examples online in pictures. I would give her water or electrolytes, and a dose of calcium citrate with vitamin D about 600 mg for a 5 pound chicken daily for several days.

Some hens may start passing weird eggs, collapsed egg membranes, lash egg material, or shell-less eggs with a reproductive disorder, such as salpingitis. Calcium is the usual treatment, but some hens may repeatedly go through this more than once. When reproductive tissue is being passed along for a day or so, they may appear very weak and have no strength. Sometimes they may stop laying altogether, which would probably be best. Some vets can give hormone implants to stop laying. I would give the amoxicillin and calcium.

Back
Top Bottom