What did you do in the garden today?

Snowed again last night. We are up to 18 inches on the ground all came down at once. Local schools are still closed as they try to figure out what to do with all the snow. Roads are a mess. University went back today.

Didn't drink while plowing, no sunglasses, low temps, high winds=headache today. It's almost gone, but I'm sitting here with a 2q bottle and will drink ALL of it today. Lots of sewing to work on.

I have new sunglasses here, but they are new prescription, along with daily new glasses. I can't deal with a prescription change today.

Paca toes need trimmed, but that needs to wait too.

Hope you all have a good day.
:hugs

I remember returning from Florida in March of ‘04. The snow piles on the street were about six feet high, and the plows had piled snow on the side roads. It was quite a scene!
YUP. I have 5 footers piled the entire length of our country road and 3 foot down both sides of the driveway. TOOK ME FOREVER. But the road is clear down to the asphalt. :D

Post office called but not until after 10, three little roly poly ducklings lol
D2EC483C-A8C6-4E24-9E2F-86A4CDD58D11.jpeg

Yesterday I ordered my seeds from Vesey’s in Prince Edward Island. I started surgeries seed back about 1991 or so. I used to buy local but always had way too many failure to thrive issue along with many misses. I always had to replant. Since changing to Vesey’s I haven’t looked back. Vesey’s special in seeds for my area. Here is a link for anyone intereste.
https://www.veseys.com/
I also went to a local garden shop and purchased trays and peat pots for starting onions, cakes, squash, melon and watermelon. I’ll start the onions in March and the others in the end of April. I usually plant the first weeks June but the onions, carrot, peas beets and Rutabaga can be earlier. Sometimes it just better to wait until I have time to till in the weeds several times after they sprout. Kill the weeds early means lest weeding in the summer and allows the plants to take a better hold.

Maybe there’s one that has a motor so you can drive it? :confused:
Lol nah that’s a bit much. I really like a wagon style for most stuff, the wheelbarrow is handy for bigger jobs and I don’t use it as much as I would a wagon style

I use a yard wagon but I need to get a new one. Mine is split down the front and the puppies have chewed all around the sides and the foam handle.
We made it to the airport this morning to drop my son and his wife off. There were a LOT of cars off on the sides of the roads and lots of accidents. I don't think MODot treated the roads in time. We made it there safely and made it back home again but we could only make it halfway up our driveway. I just finished shoveling the driveway. It had started to melt a bit so it wasn't too bad. The car is stuck where it is until my hubby gets up from his nap and can push from the back with me giving it gas. Or else we will hook up a wench to pull it out of the mud 2 tires are stuck in. This was my daughter-in-laws first time on an airplane! They went from snow storm to 80 degrees in Florida. I hope they are able to get everything packed in the U Haul and have a safe trip back home. Unfortunately, they have to head back tomorrow as she has to work on Saturday and doesn't think she can drive straight through from Florida ( about 18 hours).
Tomorrow we head back down to work on the other house. Supposed to meet the foundation people to get an estimate on rebuilding a wall, replacing a supporting beam that was modified and is now not strong enough, pier-ing up other walls (if needed) and water proofing around the foundation. Also hoping to see what the plumber has gotten done (he thought he would start on Tuesday and need 2 days). Can't wait to have working toilets in there!!!
78A95F10-2E8B-4A66-85F1-CD9153BA0E21.jpeg

Last edited:
@igorsMistress Happy surprise today! The dog treats ended up firming up!! I had put them back in the oven for an extra 20 minutes but didn't think that had done the trick. Last night I put them in the refrigerator ( to keep the dogs from helping their selves while we slept) and this morning they are almost normal. The dogs liked them last night though, as well as this morning. They weren't complaining. Well, except that they wanted MORE! :lau

I'm glad your new ducklings made it there safe and sound!

OMG such sweet little fluffys!

Nothing in the garden today except for a small bunch of winter carrots. 20210127_161635.jpg
It always surprises me how much the bunnies like really bitter herbs. They loved the carrot tops. And the kale and chard and beet tops. I'll keep growing those every winter from here on even if it's just for the critters. But other than that, it was too cold and rainy for much garden work. It was down to 30 last night so I was kind of expecting some snow this morning but nope.

Back
Top Bottom