What did you do in the garden today?

It has started...small harvest now will grow into large harvests later

Attachments

• 20220702_060915.jpg
    20220702_060915.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 1
Canning day today! DH is hooking the dishwasher up for me today so I don't have to hand wash all the jars. :yesss:

We had a bird in a have a heart trap this am. :idunno

Some critter chewed the bottom of my JB trap to get to the beetles. :he Replaced it with a new one - higher up. Looks untouched this am. Soooo many beetles out there now.

It may work. However, the chippies here climb trees. Big trees and try to raid bird nests. I’ve watched them do it.
I've never seen them climb the deer netting, they aren't very steady on the wooden fence even so I don't think they'll try to get in there that way as the netting is a bit floppy. & there are no trees nearby for them to jump from. 🤞
We were supposed to get rain today. Today didn't get the memo. :( Glad we got some on Wednesday. I'll be watering everything on Sunday, probably. We're getting together with friends tomorrow.

I picked 4 blueberries and maybe a half cup of black raspberries this evening. The raspberries are wild, so some places it's a bit of a pain to get in and pick them.

I also snipped some dill and green onions from the walking onions. Those went into homemade ranch dressing. Oh, wow, is that stuff good! It's not as sweet as store bought, but everything store bought has so much sugar in it nowadays. Ranch dressing does NOT need sugar. I'm betting it'll be even better tomorrow after it sits in the fridge overnight.
It always amazes me what they put sugar in! I've taken to making my own dressing lately & both DH & I like it better.

Yesterday, I made myself go out and weed whack the weeds in the garden paths, and pull the weeds in the beds. I swear, these things laugh at me every time and then grow back stronger! I thinned almost everything that needed to be thinned, but I think I forgot a couple of spots (and gave up on the radishes, beets and carrots). Next year, I'll do proper spacing for radishes, beets, and carrots from the get go. This year, I basically sprinkled the seeds on the soil and massaged them in. Everything is really taking off, and bringing back the excitement of gardening (I lost it for a while there because I didn't have the brain space for it with the new puppy and being behind on everything). I should go take pictures.

I've taken to making my own dressing lately & both DH & I like it better.
Oooo! Post recipes? Here's the one for Ranch dressing.

1/2 cup mayo
1/2 sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 TBS lemon juice
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp seasalt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup fresh snipped dill or 2 tsp dry
1/4 cup fresh chives or 2 tsp dry
1/4 cup fresh snipped parsley or 2 tsp dry