What did you do in the garden today?

Dan, what are the plants in your little flower box????  Very pretty.  

I have aloe pups that are roughly a year old from plants that I got in Montana (the only aloes I haven't killed and don't seem affected by the cold.) The little green ones are jelly bean succulent (also known as pork and beans succulent) The purpleish one is a plant that I got from my grandma that she says is hen and chicks but I think is something else.

Look at what I made.

Dan that is very pretty. Years ago I found a Crown of thorns in a wooden box.
We got some heavy rain and wind the storms were pretty bad the power was in and out all day. But no damage here this time. I was so sorry to see what that tornado did around Dothan.
Last year I had one that cam up hwy. 80 and jump over the hwy. and took out houses and trees on both sides of the hwy. from me. It just jumped right over me! Thank the good lord.

Peastix that is a nice size for two people. Here it is just my husband and I. So I don't grow a whole lot. The first year I did but I had to give so much away cuz I did not have room in the freezer. lol It got to where when my kids heard I was coming to visit they would tell me they did not have any more room either. lol

Lol chickadoodles.Please mom no more veg! I don't freeze we eat ''seasonally'' as we can grow veg year round.So it's what ever is in garden currently.For instance I don't grow brassicas in summer to avoid white cabbage butterfly.They''ll go in about March and mature in winter.Leeks will go in soon to get some warm weather and then grow slowly over winter and be pulled out as needed.

So tomorrow is day 18 and lockdown for my first ever batch of eggs, I set 15, all were fertile but two quit between days 7 and 10, all the others looked good on day 14. I think I'm pleased with my homemade incubator so far.

So tomorrow is day 18 and lockdown for my first ever batch of eggs, I set 15, all were fertile but two quit between days 7 and 10, all the others looked good on day 14. I think I'm pleased with my homemade incubator so far.

Good luck Dan I hope they all hatch for ya.
I would love to have some aloe again but I think I'll wait for spring.

Dan why don't you list some of your stuff on ebay? I buy plants off ebay often.

​Good luck Dan I hope they all hatch for ya.
I would love to have some aloe again but I think I'll wait for spring.

Dan why don't you list some of your stuff on ebay? I buy plants off ebay often.

Thanks. :) Next is ducks. (As long as this weather doesn't shut them down again.)
Good idea.

I don't know, that hadn't crossed my mind. I sold some at the farmers market last year, it interesting to see that interest spiked when I put tiny rocks on top of the dirt.

Back
Top Bottom