What did you do in the garden today?

I'm so jealous!!!!
Looking at all of these great gardens getting going and I check my weather and it is suppose to freeze again this week.:hit

Bell pepper plants have been transplanted into bigger pots and are taking off. Need to transplant the tomatoes today. They are sure loving my little green house I have by the patio door.
At least you don't have to now the grass. Worked on my lawnmower all morning.

We may not have the snow but we have mud and muck!
lau.gif

I'm so jealous!!!!
Looking at all of these great gardens getting going and I check my weather and it is suppose to freeze again this week.
hit.gif

Bell pepper plants have been transplanted into bigger pots and are taking off. Need to transplant the tomatoes today. They are sure loving my little green house I have by the patio door.
Not to fret. You can plant some of the early stuff under plastic. I have one bed planted with Parsnip, carrot, shallot, onions, and lettuce. Also have some spinach and sugar snaps planted. An other bed worked up and ready to plant. Hoping to get some beets, cabbage, chard, more onions planted. We had spinach salad last weekend from a few surviving plants in my greenhouse. Last night, I made quiche using the rest of that spinach. Most folks in this area don't plant anything until Memorial day. If the soil can be worked, it can be planted. With BTE or deep mulch, my soil is frost free, loose and friable in early April. My neighbors can't till till end of May. IMO, tilling produces more problems in the garden than it solves, and it's actually harder work!

we have been getting bombarded by rain... I mean lots and lots of rain... we get a break from it the next 2 days so I will be doing some transplanting before it's supposed to rain again all next week... I can't complain the more rain the better but still.... I wanna play outside

we have been getting bombarded by rain... I mean lots and lots of rain... we get a break from it the next 2 days so I will be doing some transplanting before it's supposed to rain again all next week... I can't complain the more rain the better but still.... I wanna play outside

I feel the same! I had to slog through 4 inches of rain in my red rubber boots just to go see the chickies! We've gotten probably 4 times the rain as usual for this month!

Today was the first day in quite some time that the sun was out for more then an hour!
Had a frost this morning and a rain shower in the afternoon.

Chokecherries are putting out buds and my apple trees are showing their leaves. Willow tree in the coulee is leafing out too.

Have strawberries, raspberry and daylilies waiting to go in the ground outside. Fingers crossed maybe next week!

Back
Top Bottom