What did you do in the garden today?

Ordered my seeds and they are currently in transit. Had a wicked bad snowstorm yesterday so not sure if they'll be delayed. Can't really do much in the garden now as we have 6 inches of snow on it, but have been amending the soil with manure from my horses. Kind of took a break from gardening last year as I had a lot going on, but I really missed the intense amount of veggies to cook with so I've upped the ante again this year and am excited!

Ordered my seeds and they are currently in transit. Had a wicked bad snowstorm yesterday so not sure if they'll be delayed. Can't really do much in the garden now as we have 6 inches of snow on it, but have been amending the soil with manure from my horses. Kind of took a break from gardening last year as I had a lot going on, but I really missed the intense amount of veggies to cook with so I've upped the ante again this year and am excited!

the benefit of fresh veggies keep me doing it, April is normally the start of out spring also

It's a bit windy today, partly cloudy but once I got moving a tshirt and jeans was enough. Reassembled the compost pile and watered it, pulled the apple tree and crepe myrtles. We planned and priced an enclosed garden, 12'x16' with no access to wild birds, little devils dig up the corn :rolleyes: No chickens either. We have shade cloth for the summer which will also give shade to the chickens in an area they typically hang out. Construction begins next weekend. Going to buy some soil and started plants for this year, the compost needs more time.

Moved some succulents and stone crop out front, but still have to dig out the Mexican poppies before I can transplant.

Added shade cloth to an old picnic table for the girls, they love that thing. Moved some rocks too.

Made my list of plants for the garden. Armenian cukes with sunflowers in one bed. In another a few tomatoes, probably sweet 100 beef steak and romas, some peppers, and nasturtiums. I think I'll put some marigolds in too. I'll be adding an artichoke at some point and planning for corn and pie pumpkins in a third bed in late summer.

I'd like my pathways to have stepping stones with something low growing in between, haven't decided on that yet.
Framing the beds for neatness, using wood this time around, 6" high.

I have to mention there aren't any weeds in my backyard right now. I'm fairly sure the girls have managed to eat a lot of the seeds. I hope that continues to hold true.

I previously used a pellet fertilizer for my lemon tree, but switching to stakes we can push down into holes in the ground at drip line because I don't want the chickens to eat it. Hubs put some in today.

Back
Top Bottom