What did you do in the garden today?

Our temps are down to about 100* :yesss: I swept the patio and moved the furniture back to where it belongs. Storms should be done for a few days.
The rubber plant seems to be stretching for sun so I moved it away from it's corner. The hibiscus, lantana and ground cover too so they can get used to it before transplant.

Only 20% chance of storms today--here's hoping. My newbies slept in their new coop last night and it went well! It was very cute--I kept them out until it was getting dark and the bigs were headed toward their normal coop. The littles got agitated and all decided to roost either on me or on the arms of my chair. It just scooped up the six that were on my legs and chest and carried them into the coop. They were peeping frantically, but then one of them found her way back to the darkest part of the roosts and the others followed. They were tucked in within about ten minutes. I checked 'em a couple of times before going to bed, and they were waiting at the door for me this morning, all bright-eyed and bushy-feathered. I'll put the bigs in late at night either tomorrow or Saturday. And I can clean out my office now--wooot! :woot

I think I a going to have to try some NZ spinach. @lazygardener, where do you get your seed? Also, have you tried growing Moringa? I am thinking about trying this plant as it is so highly regarded nutritionally.

Hey all late on haircuts this morning had a peep looks like she was walked on by siblings so morning busy saw on the news to put furnace filters on fans @oregonkat to help air coming in
We live in a straw bale house, off grid. Our 'air conditioning' is opening the windows at night and closing them in the morning to cool off the house. The house stays about 75degs in the height of the summer which is very comfortable, but we dont have the option of using any filters! One of the downsides of the off grid system, but we also dont have any electric bills either!

Back
Top Bottom