What did you do in the garden today?

Baby chicks .
DSCN0955.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0956.JPG
    DSCN0956.JPG
    445.8 KB · Views: 0
@karenerwin You can chuck the empty hive out there, and what a better place to store the frames? LOL.

she had a lot of bees in the trees because they are STARVING! I cannot believe how much mine have eaten in the last three days. They've gone through 8 cups of sweet protein pollen!!! I'm glad I made a lot this fall as you can't find sugar at the moment.

Managed to finish the irrigation lines yesterday. Sunny and 78.
Today dark, windy and the temperature is dropping like a rock at 41 degrees and crashing. Winds are howling and ice, lots of ice is on the way. I put a wind block up for the bees to keep the winds from their entrance holes.

I STILL don't have a broody yet. I can't believe it. I need a couple of chicks. I also think I need to treat for mites. Grr. I should have done it yesterday, but I can't get the warm temps again in a week to treat again.

Floral shop friend that was planning her grand opening for Mothers Day and having a massive sale, has over 1200 lisianthus plugs ready to plant. Doesn't look like Opening will happen. I told her to keep planting and growing this WILL end and then she'll be ready. Besides, she can still be open to individuals as long as we don't lock down. People are looking forward to and wanting a little spring in their gardens. We'll see. Besides, it's giving her something to do since both of her jobs have laid her off. She's swapping me some plugs for some hatching eggs, her cat ate all her chicks when she brought them home. PLUS the incubation process and hatching will give her kids something to do too.

Crazy times.I have 9 more masks to make then I am taking a personal break.

I have a set of stays to sew and a whole 1770s outfit to work on. I am waiting on an order from JoAnns to work on the stays though. My local store didn't have enough yardage of what I wanted. OH well. They deliver. I wish their coupons worked for just online and not just order online and pick up in sotre.

Aloha all!
Just a quick check in b4 I go out to clean up chicken area. I'm hoping to build a new nest box today too so i can take back my brooder and switch around chicks to the mini coop that suits their needs best.
I put my phalaenopsis orchids up high so monster chickens would quit eating the buds and i was rewarded this morning for my efforts.
20200402_071842.jpg
20200402_071818.jpg

Went to do an early morning garden check. Onions are up and I have about 12 mid sized toms ready to be picked, I also have enough to share again. Bad thing about the chicken proof cages and my little garden is it is VERY hard to clean, trim or pick. Good news is I actually have tomatoes.
20200402_100956.jpg
20200402_101014.jpg

Have a great day all!!!!!

@karenerwin You can chuck the empty hive out there, and what a better place to store the frames? LOL.

she had a lot of bees in the trees because they are STARVING! I cannot believe how much mine have eaten in the last three days. They've gone through 8 cups of sweet protein pollen!!! I'm glad I made a lot this fall as you can't find sugar at the moment.

Managed to finish the irrigation lines yesterday. Sunny and 78.
Today dark, windy and the temperature is dropping like a rock at 41 degrees and crashing. Winds are howling and ice, lots of ice is on the way. I put a wind block up for the bees to keep the winds from their entrance holes.

I STILL don't have a broody yet. I can't believe it. I need a couple of chicks. I also think I need to treat for mites. Grr. I should have done it yesterday, but I can't get the warm temps again in a week to treat again.

Floral shop friend that was planning her grand opening for Mothers Day and having a massive sale, has over 1200 lisianthus plugs ready to plant. Doesn't look like Opening will happen. I told her to keep planting and growing this WILL end and then she'll be ready. Besides, she can still be open to individuals as long as we don't lock down. People are looking forward to and wanting a little spring in their gardens. We'll see. Besides, it's giving her something to do since both of her jobs have laid her off. She's swapping me some plugs for some hatching eggs, her cat ate all her chicks when she brought them home. PLUS the incubation process and hatching will give her kids something to do too.

Crazy times.I have 9 more masks to make then I am taking a personal break.

I have a set of stays to sew and a whole 1770s outfit to work on. I am waiting on an order from JoAnns to work on the stays though. My local store didn't have enough yardage of what I wanted. OH well. They deliver. I wish their coupons worked for just online and not just order online and pick up in sotre.
Have you called JoAnn's to ask if they will? With these crazy times they may make an exception!
I hope your friend has a better hatch rate than @penny1960 or I have had.

Spent time today outside getting more seeds into starter pots. I will be surprised when they come up because I won't remember what seeds are in what pots. :lau I think I labeled 2 of them because that was all of the Popsicle sticks I had (until I eat more fudge bars!)
I've placed the pots in to my black yard wagon and am going to cover that with clear plastic to hopefully make a greenhouse type contraption. I've planted flowers and veggies. Now I'll have to work on expanding the garden to make room for all of these when they come up!

Back
Top Bottom