What did you do in the garden today?

Surprise! We have some tomatoes!! This variety is called “Brad’s Atomic”. Kid picked it bc it should produce a variety of colors and streaked cherry/grape tomatoes.

View attachment 2176085

The other surprise was that something is eating the strawberries. :rant We think it’s mice! :mad: So, a few pink strawberries and they all have been chewed on!
Something has been nibbling in my strawberries too. I was wondering if it was chipmunks.

Pulled a few weeds, back hurt - so went back into the house :oops:
You are starting to sound like me DD. I'm an equal opportunity weeder. If I can get 75% of the weeds out of the gardens I'm happy!

I have days where I really question my judgement when it comes to putting in the garden this year. I really enjoy gardening tho in spite of the stenosis in my spine and the mod to severe degenerative osteo arthritis in my joints...then there is the serum negative RA.

With the state of things in the world I decided that trying to grow some of our own food was just the prudent, if not the best judgement thing to do. At least now I know what is causing all my pain and recognize when it is time to sit down and do nothing.

That's a big accomplishment for me! :lau

🌺 Good morning garden peeps,
It is hot and humid again but our trades have increased a tad. I'm not quite feeling it myself, for some reason we are not catching them and it feels a bit of a scorcher. Maui hit yet another record high yesterday... I've got my watering done in the garden and have sprinklers on the lawn right now for another hour or so. Our well water is hooked up to solar so I am not being completely hideous with resources due to the late morning hour and use of water.

Got my Amdro yesterday so I am officially at war with the Ghost Ants. May I win. 🐜🐜🐜:tongue

Welcome new comers to this thread :frow

My garden is not looking too stressed though my lettuce has repeatedly wilted and i don't expect it to put up with this heat much longer. The last of the big tomatoes are about ready too pick... The new cherry toms are rockin' it and the timing should be just about perfect for the change of the harvest. May get away with not having to purchase tomatoes ever again if I don't blow it and or get too lazy.

Little chicks are as cute as can be. So warm here that some of them are sleeping outside of the heating pad. I may separate them soon... need to plan the juggle, I am on the clock for 20 days now because I took another 30 eggs to the cool breeder dude. Always fun to see him, always awesome to go to Wailua.

😎 Stay safe and well all.

My bunnies love banana too!
Walt is all over me if I have a banana for him. He snatches it and hides in his cave to eat it.
And I assume you folks know that the rabbits can and will eat the skins as well? Our banana skins never reach the compost bin anymore.
You are starting to sound like me DD. I'm an equal opportunity weeder. If I can get 75% of the weeds out of the gardens I'm happy!
We have raised beds mostly and little weeding needs to be done there. We got a couple of those lawn weed popper things to save our backs. They don't always get the entire root but generally do get most of them.
Go! Fight! Win!
Edna E Mode for the Win! (no capes!)

Lovely day here, got the critter feeding & watering done early, then the raised beds all watered. Should do a bunch more today but I get a free pass, DP isn't feeling well (bad vertigo) so I need to be handy. I told her not to feel guilty cuz now I have an excuse for taking a lazy day. Glad I did make a grocery pick-up run though.

OH! I am so proud, all the youngest birds spent the night on the roosts on their own last night! I'll take the last brooder plate out and block the bottom nest boxes until someone reaches laying age. Coop tidy this morning was so much easier, just scooped the poop from the poop trays and picked up a couple random poops.

lost 11 tomato plants last night to the winds. Normal winds for us, but they went from 0-55 in nothing flat and then stayed there for over an hour. My plants weren't ready for that.

LUCKILY, I have a friend in the neighboring village who grows for fun and gives plants away. He and his brother started a nursery in the 50s and now he just starts plants for fun. I traded 2 dozen farm eggs for 12 plants. GORGEOUS plants.

Broody is down to one maybe good egg. I have no hope for it. I picked up 7 day old pullets at the tractor shop. We'll try to sneak them under late late tonight. If she won't take them, then off to the broody plate in the workshop. I don't like raising chicks, but blast it......darn goofy rooster.

Shearing team comes tomorrow. I hope to have the GoPro going and before and after shots of the beasties.

Heat plus humidity is almost 100 degrees today, was 103 yesterday.

I SHOULD check the bees, but TOO hot to don that suit, and with one being a wild swarm, I NEED the suit.

Back
Top Bottom