What did you do in the garden today?

Haven't been on for a few days - you all are busy!

Here are the peas, still happy. Only one type of the short ones are producing anything. But, the plants look pretty.

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 5.22.55 PM.png

Watermelon radish. Greenish on outside, and Red on the inside! They are better grown as a fall crop. But, we still don't care for them - they are a little too bitter upfront, but maybe its our soil.
Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 5.23.10 PM.png

What they look like inside.
Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 5.23.33 PM.png

Good evening gardeners. I watered the artichokes today and will have to do the oleanders in the morning; everything else has a lot of mulch and won’t need it for a couple more days. Got the duck eggs, the air cells are in pretty good condition. I’ll set them tomorrow morning which makes them due on Thanksgiving day. Have a great night.

Good evening gardeners. I watered the artichokes today and will have to do the oleanders in the morning; everything else has a lot of mulch and won’t need it for a couple more days. Got the duck eggs, the air cells are in pretty good condition. I’ll set them tomorrow morning which makes them due on Thanksgiving day. Have a great night.
:wee

Glad they got to you in what sounds like good condition! Keep us updated.

I made a dust bath for the girls and mixed in about 40 lbs of sand, about a cup of food grade DE, and a cup of these lovely smelling dried herbs. Probably do nothing really but they smell so nice. Just like a fresh bottle of poultry seasoning...I have to wonder if that is a deliberate troll and the makers laugh their butts off or a coincidence? You decide. :gig

I was considering using Miracle Grow on my mother plant peppers because it will encourage growth without blossoms/fruits. Before I buy some I figured I would put it out there what I am doing incase someone just happens to know a better product to achieve strictly vegetative growth in peppers. Regular Miracle Grow will make beautify plants with not fruits. I assume its the same way with Tomatoes too.
I am guessing a pure Nitrogen Fertilizer like 1-0-0 (or any number for Nitrogen) would work.

I was considering using Miracle Grow on my mother plant peppers because it will encourage growth without blossoms/fruits. Before I buy some I figured I would put it out there what I am doing incase someone just happens to know a better product to achieve strictly vegetative growth in peppers. Regular Miracle Grow will make beautify plants with not fruits. I assume its the same way with Tomatoes too.
I am guessing a pure Nitrogen Fertilizer like 1-0-0 (or any number for Nitrogen) would work.
I haven’t tried anything else. Maybe a compost tea using chicken poop and then heavily diluted.

Haven't been on for a few days - you all are busy!

Here are the peas, still happy. Only one type of the short ones are producing anything. But, the plants look pretty.

View attachment 2390893

Watermelon radish. Greenish on outside, and Red on the inside! They are better grown as a fall crop. But, we still don't care for them - they are a little too bitter upfront, but maybe its our soil.
View attachment 2390894

What they look like inside.
View attachment 2390895
Thumbnails please in the future I only have a 75mBs connection.

Back
Top Bottom