What did you do in the garden today?

Some of the casualties from the freeze last night.

My grapes
View attachment 2628717

Squash
View attachment 2628718

Watermelon
View attachment 2628719

There were some others too but I'm most upset about the grapes. My mom lives 2 hours north of me. She has had her grapes wiped out by sudden freezes the past 3 years in a row. She said today that she gives up on them. Very disheartening....

prune the grapes and pray. squash might survive. I don't see well watermelon but it seems that the young leaf is still green.

Hi all.
I like the lighting in these pics, thought I’d share. Have a great day
0841C20B-4FE4-461B-94CE-2F9EE080D431.jpeg
3E5EB71A-CD00-460C-B963-9EE8830E130B.jpeg

Last edited:
I have long hair I put it in the plastic clips hold it back of the back end of a baseball hat..
Down it is in my face
I absolutely HATE the feeling of my hair on my face. It's in a ponytail just about every minute I'm awake. I'd get a short-short cut except I don't want to go get my hair cut every other month. Other than shampoo, I don't spend a cent on my hair. When it gets too long, I have DH cut 6" off. And I mean take the ponytail and SNIP! with scissors.

@NewBoots, may I please-please-please have some of your energy?

I'm waiting for temps in the 40s -- maybe today? -- to go out and get stuff done.

I planted some more stuff up in the green house. The tender little things (tomatoes and peppers) came through the freezing temps the night before last just fine. So I'm :fl that they're still fine after another night that got into the 20s. The cherry blossoms... I cringe when I think of what I'll find in a few hours.

I planted some TPS (true potato seed) from my seed ball. In the picture below, I have a Sharpie marker and a teaspoon for scale. I couldn't really pick up a single seed; they got stuck under my fingernail. So each pot got 6-8 seeds.

Attachments

• IMG_E0793.JPG
    IMG_E0793.JPG
    409 KB · Views: 6
Good morning gardeners. It was 28F when I got up at 6 am. It has climbed up to 34F right now. We had a couple of thunderstorms roll through yesterday evening with a lot of wind. I covered up the asparagus bed in between storms, however it didn't stay in place when the wind picked up again. The tallest asparagus spear was snapped off but the other smaller ones appear to be OK. The one that was snapped off is 5 1/2 inches long so it was ready to be picked. I took the cover off thinking the heavy plastic flailing around was doing more damage. The tiny kale plants look OK right now. I hadn't thinned them so I'm hoping they kept each other warm. The peach blossoms are looking good also, :fl My lilacs are not looking so good. The fritillaria was getting ready to bloom. I'm not sure they will recover. The temps are only going to be in the mid 40's and windy today, so no plans for outdoor work. Your snow showers were mentioned on my weather broadcast @Sueby. And yes, our temps will be near 80F for a few days next week. Good grief.

Back
Top Bottom