What did you do in the garden today?

My concern is they won't ship when they're supposed to. They've already pushed the ship date into June, they were supposed to ship today. Do I want to wait till June? That's a bit late for me. & do I trust that they will actually ship them in June or will that be delayed too?
That’s a valid concern. My potatoes shipped late, they didn’t even tell me they were going to ship late and didn’t say gee we’re sorry about that, and when they got here they were so late they’d rotted in the box. Will never order from Gurneys again.

I got netting and wire up finally to keep the ducks in the duck run. My drake isn't getting any more corn seedlings.
I also added a new gate to the duck run. I've been meaning to get that done and today I finally did.

The only other thing I did our there was water the garden. I didn't think I would be needing to do that much but this forecast is so screwy. We had 8 consecutive days of rain forecasted. Now it's just 2 or 3 separated days over the next 10. Everyday the forecast is completely different.
Feels good to get those projects done doesn’t it?

@littledog we don't really have cicada's here in CT either. I mean I've seen 1 or 2 in my life, but not the hundreds coming out of the ground & you don't hear them. My friend lives in NC & will call me when she's sitting outside & you literally cannot hear her over the cicadas. She says you get used to it & don't really notice it, I don't know about that! :gig

Good morning gardeners. The temps have finally warmed up here. It was 45F when I got up this morning and is now 63 heading up to 70F today. I planted my zinnias in the cutting garden yesterday. Also potted up the geranium I bought. I've decided to keep it in a pot so I can bring it inside for the winter. The last grow bag of white potatoes has sprouted. I'm giving the corn another day or two before I replant. Same for the lima beans. The grass is growing like crazy. I just mowed the front yard and it needs another mowing already. Good grief! I'm thinking my Cortland apple tree is not going to make it this year, I'm not sure what's going on with it but it still hasn't put any leaves out. My fig tree is also a bit on the slow side so I'm hoping it's just the extended cool weather that's making it sluggish. I grew up further south of here and I do remember the cicadas. The first year I encountered them it took me awhile to adjust to their large bodies and red bulging eyes. However, I discovered they were excellent fish bait so I didn't mind. The second time was when I had moved back to the East coast. Since I knew they didn't really do any permanent damage to the trees I was OK with them. However I really don't miss them. Fortunately they really don't do the 17 year thing here. You might see one or two on occasion but nothing like they are in the south east.

@littledog we don't really have cicada's here in CT either. I mean I've seen 1 or 2 in my life, but not the hundreds coming out of the ground & you don't hear them. My friend lives in NC & will call me when she's sitting outside & you literally cannot hear her over the cicadas. She says you get used to it & don't really notice it, I don't know about that! :gig
I kind of wish we had them here- they seem interesting.

That reminds me, I think the purple pole bean seeds I ordered are actually bush beans. This makes THREE times my beans have been screwed up this spring. I can't win. & I set up trellises so I now need to replant with the blue lake seeds I saved from last year. At least I know those are pole beans. :he I wanted purple tho. :(

That reminds me, I think the purple pole bean seeds I ordered are actually bush beans. This makes THREE times my beans have been screwed up. I can't win. & I set up trellises so I now I need to replant with the blue lake seeds I saved from last year. At least I know those are pole beans. :he I wanted purple tho. :(
Laughing WITH you. It happens. Frustrating, though.

Back
Top Bottom