What did you do in the garden today?

If you get a large box from me in July and it rattles and buzzes when you shake it, open it outside. ::LOL::
I like it when we get to the point in fishing where the fish throw them back and ask us to change bait back to worms. Even the hens get to a point they can't eat another one. DOG LOVE to eat them. They taste like peanut butter popcorn, so I'm told.
DS used to catch and play with them. You can make little harnesses from floss and fly them in circles. Ah life before electronics.
I know you're joking, but it would actually be cool to get that box. I live next to two rivers, love to fish, and I bet our local steelhead, coho salmon and Kokanee trout would love a new type of insect to be caught with!

I know you're joking, but it would actually be cool to get that box. I live next to two rivers, love to fish, and I bet our local steelhead, coho salmon and Kokanee trout would love a new type of insect to be caught with!
They'd be dead by the time they got there, but still good bait. We just don't have so many here, yet. Our trees are relatively young compared to the great eastern woods.

Morning all did plant many lettuce seeds last night before duinner after dinner I was out with the one BB gun old Daisy brand. Dead aim always was, took one out in his hole as he was coming into the coop.. BF ordered a CO2 pistol by Daisy 15 bb magazine 500 velocity .. This is war now :celebrate
Get ‘er done Penny 1960- getting me a Daisy for BB gun to discourage my critters.

Weeded and added mulch to the bed where the bowling ball lady bug will reside. Then went to the studio and painted three more. They aren’t done yet so I won’t post pics till they are.
I did another lady bug for my step father who asked me to paint his old bowling ball for him. The other two are not lady bugs and you’ll just have to wait and see what they are.
View attachment 2667928.
Those are so cute

@igorsMistress, love those contented duck sounds, the ones the chicks make are so sweet too. The littles got tiny meal worms and cooked egg yolk yesterday and now they all come running when I put my hand in the brooder.

We used to get a few cicadas in Portland when I was a kid but I only saw one or two in my whole life. You could still sure hear them in the hottest part of the summer though.

Not any real accumulation, but it looks like it misted here a good bit of the night. Wet and chilly outside so my shoes and socks are soaked. I did get to do one of my favorite things though, my white icicle radishes are big enough to eat now so I get to graze a bit while I'm outside. I get the roots and the rabbits get the leaves, too early for snap peas but there's lots of blooms so it won't be long. I've started harvesting the various greens in the beds to make room for the tomatoes, but I miss judged how fast the garlic and shallots would be ready to pull. I'll just pull as little as I can for now and pull more as the tomatoes require more room.

Going to take our two geriatric dogs to the vets for their final trip. They both have various health issues and we wouldn't be doing them any favors by waiting any longer. They had good long lives and were good dogs.

Back
Top Bottom