What did you do in the garden today?

Busy day in the yard. Added a brick edging to the walkway to the studio(been wanting to do that for years) Bricks are freebies from a friend who brought them to us from Mexico. And I found a spot for Spidey. We also got the trellis structures up around the new free back up generator and propane tank compliments of SDGE. These were an old kennel given to us and make great fencing. Now I just have to figure out what likes to grow in clay and doesn't need lots of water, preferably natives. Then later this afternoon one of my dear neighbors called me to come by as she had a bunch of cool stuff for my gardens, gotta love good neighbors! All jobs today were repurposed material that didn't cost us anything. Cept our time and maybe some sore and tired muscles, but is a good tired.
IMG_9910.jpg
IMG_9909.jpg
IMG_9906.jpg
IMG_9891.jpg

Didn't get as much done as I wanted today...wasn't feeling great, and the kiddo was in a MOOOD. Got some tree branches chopped and piled. Deadheaded the rose. That's about it.

But the new "mystery clematis" is blooming! Hopefully google or an expert here can tell me what kind it is so I know how much space it will need. It's a very, very pale blue. Like a blue-toned white. The flower was more flat this morning than this evening when I got a photo. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20210515_201634.jpg
    20210515_201634.jpg
    589.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210515_201637.jpg
    20210515_201637.jpg
    451.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210515_201640.jpg
    20210515_201640.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 1
The tomatoes that were left in the greenhouse did alright last night, yay! They are very small and scrawny still so I dont know when I should plant them.
I finished the big bed and planted the corn and pumpkins and cantaloupe. Am soaking the beans to put in tomorrow. Moved the kiddie pool brooders. Small one out front for flower bed and big one in back by the bed, also for flowers. Got some fencing put up for the deer. Digging out my deer netting also for the small bed to keep the deer out of it. Hubs was mowing in the garden and decided the gate needed to go into the veg bed onto my new sprouts, then gets mad when i asked why he didnt out it anywhere else. I dont think that did too much damage since its just wire, but still.

The tomatoes that were left in the greenhouse did alright last night, yay! They are very small and scrawny still so I dont know when I should plant them.
I finished the big bed and planted the corn and pumpkins and cantaloupe. Am soaking the beans to put in tomorrow. Moved the kiddie pool brooders. Small one out front for flower bed and big one in back by the bed, also for flowers. Got some fencing put up for the deer. Digging out my deer netting also for the small bed to keep the deer out of it. Hubs was mowing in the garden and decided the gate needed to go into the veg bed onto my new sprouts, then gets mad when i asked why he didnt out it anywhere else. I dont think that did too much damage since its just wire, but still.
Do your Toms have a lot of real leaves? And will your temps stay around at least 50 degrees? If so they shud be good to go. Got to harden them off if they’ve been inside out of the elements.
sounds like you had a good busy day and sounds Iike Hubs needs some coaching. Mine learns pretty fast that carelessness in the garden will cost him. Hope your sprouts are ok. They can be tender when young and damage easily . Fingers crossed!

Back from 5 hours at market.
Sold $50 worth of plants and a floral basket, and a dozen of my giant sugar cookies.

That's my last day at this market. From here on out it's sales from here to neighbors whose plants haven't been purchased, or have been purchased and failed already.

My plants are HUGE and half the price of town, so knock wood. Otherwise I'll have to find places to plant about 400 plants LOL.

Everyone's places look WONDERFUL! Congrats on all the hard work.

Rain for the week should start tomorrow and temperatures will start to increase. I had to turn on the AC to filter some humidity and pollen out of the air this morning.

Back from 5 hours at market.
Sold $50 worth of plants and a floral basket, and a dozen of my giant sugar cookies.

That's my last day at this market. From here on out it's sales from here to neighbors whose plants haven't been purchased, or have been purchased and failed already.

My plants are HUGE and half the price of town, so knock wood. Otherwise I'll have to find places to plant about 400 plants LOL.

Everyone's places look WONDERFUL! Congrats on all the hard work.

Rain for the week should start tomorrow and temperatures will start to increase. I had to turn on the AC to filter some humidity and pollen out of the air this morning.
Shoudnt be hard to sell your plants without going through so much work. It’s work enough to grow them. I’d buy em if I lived near you. Social media is a good way to sell . FB garden sites in your area is where I’d start after BYC OF COURSE! Life’s to short to spend time not in your garden!

Shoudnt be hard to sell your plants without going through so much work. It’s work enough to grow them. I’d buy em if I lived near you. Social media is a good way to sell . FB garden sites in your area is where I’d start after BYC OF COURSE! Life’s to short to spend time not in your garden!
The only reason she had people stopping by today and yesterday was I listed the open shop on craigslist. She didn't put her normal signs out on the highway to get people to turn down the dirt road. Without them, no one knows shes there.

DH doesn't like random people on the acreage. I get that.

Neighbors will snatch them up, and co-workers. It's just getting the word out.

The only reason she had people stopping by today and yesterday was I listed the open shop on craigslist. She didn't put her normal signs out on the highway to get people to turn down the dirt road. Without them, no one knows shes there.

DH doesn't like random people on the acreage. I get that.

Neighbors will snatch them up, and co-workers. It's just getting the word out.
You can advertise on FB or Craigslist and then do a weekend meet up off your property at a "neutral location" to trade cash and plants. Lots of people prefer that to coming to a stranger's house (especially women).

Back
Top Bottom