What did you do in the garden today?

Went to check the garden this morning- little squash and zucchini are growing. Lots of blooms. Tomatoes have a few blooms too. The little apples are gone from the tree- probably birds. I think I need to add some compost tea to the zucchini. Will do that this afternoon- if it rains, great. If not, will water.

I'm in Texas waiting for rain too! Fingers crossed but I think I may give in and water. My poor plants are tired of waiting.

I have a question about avocados. I have a small tree (about 6ft tall, 2 years old) which I grew from a pit from a grocery store avocado. I also have a tiny cold-hardy avocado tree that is from a nursery and will bear fruit. Can I graft some of my fruit-bearing baby avocado tree onto my mystery avocado tree? Has anyone on here ever done this? If so, how did you do it?

Mystery avocado:
Resized_20210516_121519.jpg

Hey all. It's raining a bit, I wish it was pouring to wash all the pollen away. I don't think it's going to be enough. But so I'm in the house cooking a pot of taco soup & a pot of broccoli soup (DH takes them as a snack at work). I used my beef broth for the taco soup OMG that stuff is SO good! Store bought has nothing on it.

Go the compost turned, got a bucket load of wood chips into the chicken run. DH mowed & put the clippings in there too. It's been a couple hours & everything is spread nicely! :gig Such hard workers they are.

I got the pole beans that turned out to be bush beans replanted, I left the bush beans & will see if it gets too crowded in there or not.

Sounds like we're all in the same boat, spring has sprung!

Watched it rain for most of the morning. We needed it, Haven't got much from overhead in almost a month. Just a slow drizzle but 1/2" this morning and it's supposed to keep it up for 4 more days. During a lull in the rain Me & Mrs. Lobo picked some veggies. Got a few tomatoes, Some green & wax beans, cucumbers & asparagus. Beans and tomatoes are blanching now. Will end up with 4, 1/2 qt. ziplocks of wax and 2 of green beans and 3 of tomatoes. Just now starting to put stuff in the freezer for leaner times.

Not raining here but cloudy, drizzly and cold. Did my rounds and all is well with new starts and such. Critters don't mind the cold. Future pumpkin patch looking good. Don't mind a day inside. Lets me get to needed puter work , Including adding photos the the BYC contests! Here's a little photo essay of today's rounds. Enjoy your Sunday!!

IMG_9934.jpg
Ziggy Stardust on this cool damp morning.
IMG_9928.jpg
Happy New
Tom
IMG_9926.jpg
New Starry
Night Squash
IMG_9921(1).jpg
Future Pumpkin Patch. Girls can't wait!

IMG_9917.jpg
Japanese Maple and Quan Yin

Back
Top Bottom