What did you do in the garden today?

Too bad there is not a way to get all that yard waste to a compost pile.
That's what I was thinking as I lopped branches off and pulled weeds out. Sometime I need to get DH in on the project and do it all. Take the chipper and haul everything back here in the trailer.

I really have enough for my own needs. But I don't turn stuff down if I can get it home.

We're in for several days of rain. Starting right now. I managed to get 3 rows/beds thoroughly weeded. What I call "hands and knees" weeding: going down the path between and pulling everything out that doesn't belong.

I picked strawberries, which are probably the last until the everbearing bears again. Then I started a new compost pile by turning everything in the collecting bin into the first working bin.

By then, Mother Nature was rumbling and telling me to wrap it up or get really wet, because it poured ten minutes after I got back in the house.

I really hope the farmer's alfalfa is ok. It was cut and lying in the field last evening. I heard them out there while I was in the garden.

Had to go to town this afternoon. Stopped by Lowe's to look at the clearance rack in the garden section. They had a bunch of raspberries and blackberries on clearance. I bought 3 thornless blackberries (1 gallon) for $7/each.

I have a bunch of blackberry brambles now but they are NOT thornless. If I planted these new plants nearby, do you think they would cross pollinate? What would be the outcome, do you think? 🤔

Have had to call medics here like three times on BF low blood sugar they would get here within 10 minutes we have great bunch here really top notch .
Was wonderful till we figured out he was getting lows about midnight so had to start peanut butter toast before beds solves it for now.

I won't be doing anything today because the weather is wet wetter wettest but two days ago I got out and hoed and hilled my 5 rows of onions and did a LOT of weeding.

We had over 5 inches of rain here in 24 hours. Everything was lying flat on the ground. So i rigged lines to keep the green beans out of the mud. They are blooming now and I'm living in fear that the blossoms are getting knocked off.

My Squash are running marathons...literally. They are taking over the yard around the garden. When I was weeding I saw little butternut and turban squash. I've also been thinning the beets and enjoying the tops in salads and cooked.

One tomato plant got split three ways in the heavy rain we had. I kept expecting it to croak but tied it up anyway. It didn't and isn't and little tomatoes are forming on it. Gotta admire their survival instincts.

We are supposed to be having more heavy rain, severe thunderstorms with tornado risks and wind gusts to 80mph. I don't care as long as it leaves my garden alone!

Garden pictures. OOPs I hit the wrong button.
IMG_2859.JPG

IMG_2860.JPG
IMG_2861.JPG

IMG_2862.JPG

Last edited:
This was a druggie driving around his baby momma and his exbaby momma, also both high as kites. He was threatening to kill them, and was driving around for 4 hours threatening to kill them and dump their bodies in a ditch. He slowed to take a turn and they jumped out of the car, they hid in the high hay and he left. They wandered into my place and I hid them in the barn until the sheriff got here. Crazy.

I won't be doing anything today because the weather is wet wetter wettest but two days ago I got out and hoed and hilled my 5 rows of onions and did a LOT of weeding.

We had over 5 inches of rain here in 24 hours. Everything was lying flat on the ground. So i rigged lines to keep the green beans out of the mud. They are blooming now and I'm living in fear that the blossoms are getting knocked off.

My Squash are running marathons...literally. They are taking over the yard around the garden. When I was weeding I saw little butternut and turban squash. I've also been thinning the beets and enjoying the tops in salads and cooked.

One tomato plant got split three ways in the heavy rain we had. I kept expecting it to croak but tied it up anyway. It didn't and isn't and little tomatoes are forming on it. Gotta admire their survival instincts.

We are supposed to be having more heavy rain, severe thunderstorms with tornado risks and wind gusts to 80mph. I don't care as long as it leaves my garden alone!

I can relate about the squash. I planted my spaghetti squash next to the hoop house which is covered in insect netting. It is climbing the netting like something out of a horror movie....but also creeping it's way through the rows on the ground. It somehow missed my eggplant (thankfully) but has latched itself onto my New Zealand spinach.

This was a druggie driving around his baby momma and his exbaby momma, also both high as kites. He was threatening to kill them, and was driving around for 4 hours threatening to kill them and dump their bodies in a ditch. He slowed to take a turn and they jumped out of the car, they hid in the high hay and he left. They wandered into my place and I hid them in the barn until the sheriff got here. Crazy.
So sad that their lives have come to this... I'm sure this isn't the future they saw for themselves as younguns... :( Hopefully they will get their lives straightened out and take the 2nd chance to make it better.

Back
Top Bottom