What did you do in the garden today?

Morning everyone.
DARK DARK DARK here- foggy and smokey. It looks like it's about 15 minutes after sunset and it's 9am. Huge storms far to our south, but not heading our way.
The walk today was, hmmm, breathless.
Not even the ducks and hens are making noise, nor the little sound birds. EEERIE outside that's for sure.
I still have half the garden to prune. I'm trimming the sunflower leaves from ground to 4 feet up so I can get down my rows and the tomatoes can get more airflow and sun. I'll admit, that aside from getting a bra full of caterpillars, I do like being in the shade of those towering flowers when working out there. But working out there is going to have to wait a bit.
OMG I SWEAR it's getting darker out!
I have a counter top covered in tomatoes, so I need to do something about that. Maybe some pizza sauce.
Anyone else giddy to see school supplies back in stores? And I don't even have a kid in school anymore!
School supplies give me a sense of dread.... :gig

Anyone else giddy to see school supplies back in stores? And I don't even have a kid in school anymore!
Nope! I work in a school...I hate when the rush away summer! Let us enjoy 1/6 of the year after the school nightmare created by Covid. I can’t do another year of 7 hours shouting through a mask so 25 kids can hear me...hopefully they’ll remove the mask requirement for vaccinated staff & students...

Last edited:
I’m trying to go out in the garden, but I keep getting sidetracked for some reason...lol. I did pick a few beans...😂

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 3
Our governor and legislature have banned mask mandates for school districts. I'm not worried for me and my son, but I'm concerned with the delta variant and that my daughter isn't eligible for vaccination yet. I guess I should just console myself that I don't have to enforce proper mask wearing in class since HS students are invincible.

Oh! Garlic looks ready, so MIL is going to ship it to me. Fingers crossed I have enough good cloves to plant for the coming year and eat some, lol.

ETA: I'm reminded how, um, little familiarity she has with gardening. She kept trying to offer to just bring the garlic to me at Thanksgiving... Uh no. Not unless she also wants to cure it, and I doubt she'd actually follow directions.

Last edited:
What is this bug? Saw it on a picnic shelter at fairgrounds. It was moving slowly, like it wasn’t worried about anything - so made me think it was possibly one to not mess with. Look at it’s “mouth” area-looks like a long spike…and a strange curved body type.

View attachment 2773092View attachment 2773093
Freaky as heck. But seriously I want to know too. These things will stalk a human being back and forth across a porch. I remember that very distinctly from my childhood.

Back
Top Bottom