What did you do in the garden today?

My down the road neighbor had a hip replaced last Thursday. It's a new method of replacement, and she was home the same day, walking around the property with the roller walker for three days, then without since then, and today, I saw her driving herself out of the neighborhood! OMG! Amazing.
Wow! My 75+ neighbor fell snd had to have hip surgery (the ball was fine, no arthritis, but the part below the ball was replaced. - she has been recovering for weeks and weeks, and has had no setbacks, and is in good health, but took awhile!

Wow! My 75+ neighbor fell snd had to have hip surgery (the ball was fine, no arthritis, but the part below the ball was replaced. - she has been recovering for weeks and weeks, and has had no setbacks, and is in good health, but took awhile!
The doctor here that performed the surgery is the one the developed the method. He does up to 9 surgeries a day!

Neighbor is 69 and has severe degenerative arthritis and some other major condition I can't remember.

I do companion planting too. Marigolds throughout the garden (great), carrots with the tomatoes -great bc I HATE watching carrots not grow, so this way I can completely ignore them and will have carrots at end of season -like magic. I did nasturtium this year, but a bit of a fail -since I covered my brassicas, the cabbage moths had to put their hungry babies somewhere, and they chose the nasturtiums. The only untouched nasturtium is surrounded by marigolds.

I planted chives, carrots, and Nasturtiums around my tomatoes. Carrots have done well but the companion planting didn't stop pests.

I also planted marigolds all over the place. Still didn't stop pests.... Might have delayed them a little but I'm fighting damage regardless.

I also planted marigolds all over the place. Still didn't stop pests

we pretty much decided that we will continue to plant marigolds bc they are pretty and they help a tiny bit against bugs, but can feed them to the flock for very colored egg yolks! Its been nice to grab a small bucketful of flower heads easily to distribute to the girls.

39” circumference, 11” tall, 16” wide, and over 25 pounds. It wasn’t fully on the scale.

7/28
8E445172-97DB-4D0E-BD25-64207C52869C.jpeg

7/31
FB3F60A2-9057-4A97-9C07-5A22A6C1A13B.jpeg

Today
04D1920E-C756-4F7F-A3DC-3232300D53BF.jpeg

I watered the heavy soil garden today.

Today, August 5, is usually the day I cull all the melons that are not yet the size of my fist. On my 4 muskmelon plants, I have 1. Single. Melon. on each plant. I have a watermelon the size of a golf ball on the watermelon plant.

I could have had another 40 tomato plants in the space I gave to the melons. :he:mad:

Next year, I will have 60-70 tomato plants up there. I give up on melons.

Remind me of this next spring.... I have a short memory when it comes to melons. :rolleyes:

I watered the heavy soil garden today.

Today, August 5, is usually the day I cull all the melons that are not yet the size of my fist. On my 4 muskmelon plants, I have 1. Single. Melon. on each plant. I have a watermelon the size of a golf ball on the watermelon plant.

I could have had another 40 tomato plants in the space I gave to the melons. :he:mad:

Next year, I will have 60-70 tomato plants up there. I give up on melons.

Remind me of this next spring.... I have a short memory when it comes to melons. :rolleyes:
We'll start calling you 'no Mellon Sally'

Back
Top Bottom