What did you do in the garden today?

THe state park on the other side of my fence burned 200 acres today. EVERYONE left for work with their windows wide open and laundry on the line. I had two hours off this morning so was leaving late, as I pulled open the garage door I was met with a 300 foot high column of grey/yellow smoke coming right at us. Damn park didn't check their wind direction before lighting. They're supposed to only burn when it's not blowing towards houses.
I raced back in, slammed all the windows shut, and ripped my laundry off the line and threw it in a heap in the den. (Now it's in the dryer.) The house still smells of burn. OMG I am so ticked off, but at least it wasn't full open for hours. My neighbors aren't so lucky. I'm sure had they had monitored fire systems like we do, they'd have been going off all day.

Hope everything goes smoothly with your surgery. No complications, easy recovery, manageable pain levels, etc.

I watered yesterday. The mustard greens are starting to look good, but the leeks and rutabaga have yet to show themselves. The cabbage is starting to pop up, but only one so far.... I'm wondering if I ought to double seed those just in case. Hmm. I'll give it a couple more days of these high temps and we'll see what happens.

Kittens getting fixed next week. Not a moment too soon, since we've had multiple neighborhood cats hanging around outside. Last thing I need is a bunch of tom cats...

Not much happening here. Picked some lettuce from the garden. Stillllll haven't covered the strawberries. :lau That is my same update every day from now till spring apparently.

I have a turkey in the oven, can't wait to eat it. For some reason I'm in a get rid of everything mood so I've been downsizing the last few days, I'm sick of 'crap' hanging around that has no use. My house is too small. I'm hoping it will be so much change that DH won't notice all his stupid knickknack stuff has been boxed up. :gig Shhhhh...

Tomorrow is our annual Toys for Tots fundraiser so we get to go play in the woods, always a good time & I haven't done any wheeling this year because my Lupus has been kicking my butt. But I'm going tomorrow! :wee

Caught the gopher I've been chasing for a week :celebratethen cleaned up the mess I made digging, including installing a small retaining wall out of big river rocks and flagstone - that I'm sure I'll have to remove the next time a gopher moves in there.

Ordered seeds from baker creek. Nothing too exciting, mostly fall/spring veggies.

Ate one single ripe strawberry from an overflow plant I have in a raised bed. The main strawberry bed I just cut back for the year, so I'm not sure it'll produce before spring.

I made it out to water the carrots and garlic and we actually have carrots now. Also checked Home Depot for a little ollie dwarf olive but they didn’t have any. Lowes did though :yesss:
Not much happening here. Picked some lettuce from the garden. Stillllll haven't covered the strawberries. :lau That is my same update every day from now till spring apparently.

I have a turkey in the oven, can't wait to eat it. For some reason I'm in a get rid of everything mood so I've been downsizing the last few days, I'm sick of 'crap' hanging around that has no use. My house is too small. I'm hoping it will be so much change that DH won't notice all his stupid knickknack stuff has been boxed up. :gig Shhhhh...

Tomorrow is our annual Toys for Tots fundraiser so we get to go play in the woods, always a good time & I haven't done any wheeling this year because my Lupus has been kicking my butt. But I'm going tomorrow! :wee
you and me Sueby, I’m sick of all the stuff hanging out and am still downsizing. But I sent everything to Goodwill, no boxing and saving!

Back
Top Bottom