What did you do in the garden today?

Chickens are enjoying the solids from the broth making.
Mine got some my broth making today too. They'll get the other half next week.

It was 30 out today, but the wind made it feel like the teens. Tomorrow will be a high of 26, but maybe the wind will die down.

I got my first seed catalog today. How long till spring? Oh, right... it's not even winter yet.

I still hope the mystery sprouts are peas. but there is another possibility: oxalis. I pray for peas.

I have 3 piles of dismantled coops. some pieces are to reuse and the rest for the stove. I hate it but there will be a lot of work and we finally get some rain. I think I will only plant some more lettuce and let the soil rest.

Morning all. We had a bit of a windstorm here late yesterday evening and part of the overnight. We did get a little rain with it but mostly high winds. The good news is it didn't blast all the plastic wrap from the chicken runs. And, I don't see any new trees on the ground in the woods outside of my fence. It's nice to hear you made it through your surgery @jerryse. Hey, don't feel bad about the recovery, take your time. You went through much more than I did last week and it took me a few days to get back to normal after the colonoscopy. My sleep pattern is still off a bit, but I'm getting there. Just make sure to avoid anything the least bit funny. Laughter can hurt a lot after surgery. Gotta go for now, I have a date with Mr. snowblower.

My partner and I used the tractor for the first time! Wohoo it was so much fun!
3799FAF3-4BB6-45B6-A718-4F12CCAA9A68.jpeg

I was 12-13 when my mom thought it would be a good idea to teach me to mow. I personally hated the idea and didn't want to, because I knew she'd hand off the mowing to me if she could. Lucky me, not only could I not reach the pedals, I didn't weigh enough to trigger the safety switch in the seat. I still don't and can't, haha!

Watered the garden. Everything survived our dip into freezing territory last night! Yay!

Back
Top Bottom