What did you do in the garden today?

I got some pretty eggs.
13aac.PNG

Well and went and did it.
I ran errands from lunch to 130 (had to pay the siding guy bill and be DONE with them *&&^%! Yes, he came and finished the job, at 445pm last night. 18 minutes before sunset COME ON.) They're done, and gone, and I delivered the 5 gallon bucket of trash to the main office they left behind. 2# of nails and other crap.)

Anyway the hardware shop was on the way home and I swung in and grabbed a couple things to do a bent pole test.
I came home tore out half my tomato garden, stacked the cattle panels along the fence, pulled out the T-posts and tomato and sunflower stubs and raked the whole thing flat. I marked out a 12x9 foot rectangle, set my first two 6.5 foot posts. I assembled my first arch, painted the white PVC and DH came out to help me get it up. It has 4 foot straight sides and the arch is 6.5 ft high in the center.
8 more posts 4 more arches, the supports, skirting, sheeting and ends to go! LOL

Snow storm coming tomorrow and Sat. so it will have to go little by little. The in ground irrigation is already there, just needs rerouted. And I'll make raised filled beds inside to keep things contained. The plain is for cool season crops and a few tomatoes earlier. I really have NO idea.

I'll probably rip out the bean area in the low corner of the garden, it's NEVER productive, and in that corner put something else that won't take as much room, maybe more berries.

Lordy. What am I THINKING?!?!?

Well and went and did it.
I ran errands from lunch to 130 (had to pay the siding guy bill and be DONE with them *&&^%! Yes, he came and finished the job, at 445pm last night. 18 minutes before sunset COME ON.) They're done, and gone, and I delivered the 5 gallon bucket of trash to the main office they left behind. 2# of nails and other crap.)

Anyway the hardware shop was on the way home and I swung in and grabbed a couple things to do a bent pole test.
I came home tore out half my tomato garden, stacked the cattle panels along the fence, pulled out the T-posts and tomato and sunflower stubs and raked the whole thing flat. I marked out a 12x9 foot rectangle, set my first two 6.5 foot posts. I assembled my first arch, painted the white PVC and DH came out to help me get it up. It has 4 foot straight sides and the arch is 6.5 ft high in the center.
8 more posts 4 more arches, the supports, skirting, sheeting and ends to go! LOL

Snow storm coming tomorrow and Sat. so it will have to go little by little. The in ground irrigation is already there, just needs rerouted. And I'll make raised filled beds inside to keep things contained. The plain is for cool season crops and a few tomatoes earlier. I really have NO idea.

I'll probably rip out the bean area in the low corner of the garden, it's NEVER productive, and in that corner put something else that won't take as much room, maybe more berries.

Lordy. What am I THINKING?!?!?
Hey... God help anyone who gets in our way when we set our minds to something! 😂 I would only encourage your grit and persistence!

Does anyone by chance recognize this herb? For the life of me, I can't remember what I planted here.... I thought maybe I had planted yarrow or chamomile but it clearly isn't either of those...
View attachment 2959713
Looking closer at this.... I'm pretty sure I planted white yarrow but for whatever reason it never flowered....

Kitchen garden seed order arrived.

We think we will try ornamental vining flowers as shade for the chicken run this year.

Anyone with experience with either flower? They will be planted outside the run , but always possible that the chickens can reach a bit here and there.

View attachment 2959352

my hyacinth bean vine is still alive! I have a green pods variety.

Back
Top Bottom