What did you do in the garden today?

Planted this little celery and watered the plants. My parents also bought a new flower recently!

Attachments

• F1C8ED1A-B278-493C-BF2F-FC5186233973.jpeg
    F1C8ED1A-B278-493C-BF2F-FC5186233973.jpeg
    730.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 633503D7-3E30-4ECC-A47A-C2E0A95AC471.jpeg
    633503D7-3E30-4ECC-A47A-C2E0A95AC471.jpeg
    763 KB · Views: 1
How do you do that? Please tell!
I fill a large crockpot 3/4 full with pealed and cored apple chunks. ( I froze some from my harvest) 2 pealed oranges, 2 whole sticks of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of cloves and 2 cups of sugar. Then you cover the apples with water. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
I had several cups. :oops: My boys were happy. 😊

Here too, except I'm stripping fabric for rugs, not making cider.
We finally made it to 20 but the winds are HOWLING and we only feel like 0'
It's the darn wind, that makes it miserable. 0' with no wind isn't as bad.

No gardening today. Too cold to set hoop house cement. Everything else is waiting on the calendar.
How do you strip your fabric? I cut up sheets to crochet into rugs, but the mess! Tiny bits of thread just everywhere. I couldnt work with it anymore and had to put it away ☹️☹️ I would love to finish it.

How do you strip your fabric? I cut up sheets to crochet into rugs, but the mess! Tiny bits of thread just everywhere. I couldnt work with it anymore and had to put it away ☹️☹️ I would love to finish it.
I have a huge cutting table and use a pinking rotary cutter. I used to tear it, which is faster, but OH the dust and fiber. I also used to use a straight rotary cutter, but then you can get strings. I like the pinking
And if you tube cut your fabric in a spiral, you don't have to piece either.

So we have neighbors that we refer to as "The Karens" who has regularly accused us of such crimes as: "blocking her sun", breeding flies", breeding mosquitoes", and the capper was when she told us our chickens would stink up her yard and make selling her house impossible. (We got her to come over and sit on the bench in front of the coop and run and she admitted there was no smell at all. Of course she has never apologized for any of the mistaken accusations.) So a week ago she called to ask me if I knew how to tell if a chicken was a rooster and could I come over to their place and tell her if the 3 chickens they had got as chicks in September were male or female? I told her they were all pullets but not ready to lay yet. She said thanks and that if any had been cockerels, she was going to give them to us since she knew we had culled roosters before. Maybe she's changed for the better. Hope so anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

And we took Penny into the vet's for vaccinations and she did great! She did growl at the male vet (she's more scared of men than women) but he was able to give her the shots and accepted treats from him afterward. We figured she'd blow up completely but she was really good. Getting into the car with no fuss and sharing chicken nuggets with me on the ride home. She was so good I'm thinking of starting to take her with me on shopping runs.

huge cutting table
I need one 🥰
Ive tried the floor, but the cats are too helpful. I couldn't figure out the spiral thing and ended up ripping due to not having a good enough cutting surface. I have since bought the largest cutting mat I could find - 2x3, yay! But, is there anything I can do to salvage the frayed mess or should i just start over?
Im sure i have a pinking wheel somewhere. Is that the wavy one?

I need one 🥰
Ive tried the floor, but the cats are too helpful. I couldn't figure out the spiral thing and ended up ripping due to not having a good enough cutting surface. I have since bought the largest cutting mat I could find - 2x3, yay! But, is there anything I can do to salvage the frayed mess or should i just start over?
Pinking is a zig zag.

I am starting to plan the garden changes… been too ill to do anything else for months, still recovering but definitely improving. I think I will need to clear beds and hack back the jungle. I want to raise the beds up higher and I need to chicken proof them better. I have used portable netting in the past, it works but plastic scrap lattice cut to fit worked well and was pretty sturdy… but first I need to repair and even move whole beds. Hopefully I will be well enough next month to attack the yard,

I need one 🥰
You can cut spiral by hand or with a cutter. And yes, it's the wavy one.
There are two ways to do the spiral, there are easy to follow videos online. For crochet I recommend this one, as the slight angle cut, at the top won't show in the crochet.
As for the frayed stuff, no idea. Use it? donate it to anther crochet person? sell on craigslist?

I fill a large crockpot 3/4 full with pealed and cored apple chunks. ( I froze some from my harvest) 2 pealed oranges, 2 whole sticks of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of cloves and 2 cups of sugar. Then you cover the apples with water. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
I had several cups. :oops: My boys were happy. 😊
This takes me back to my childhood. I grew up in the land of Johnny Appleseed. We always had a colonial style fall festival with homemade hot apple cider.... 😍

Back
Top Bottom