What did you do in the garden today?

@TJAnonymous Happy Birthday!

Was outside for about 5 minutes this morning and was bit up. The rain has brought the blood suckers out in force. I needed to get some pictures of the things growing on the other side of the fence though because since identifying the poison ivy I am paranoid. lol

If anyone can identify these I sure would appreciate it.

View attachment 3125792

View attachment 3125793

View attachment 3125794
The top one looks like wild cherry, and the middle one looks like american elm? I'd cross-reference pictures of bark, to check.

The bottom looks sort of like a strawberry, but not quite. I'd guess it's related. Do you see any like it, but with runners?

I used a potato peeler to take the skin off a few of my long egg plants. I diced it and cooked it in my micro wave. I was going to give it to my chickens, but when I tasted it, its like a light came on and I got a lot of ideas. I will try putting it on my pizza sauce before I put the cheese on..

How do you preserve cilantro? I've only had it fresh. When we've put it in salsa and then canned it, it lost all its taste. Didn't know it was there.

This is it! :)

Happy Birthday, btw.
I've frozen it before then use it similar to the fresh stuff

Hi all. I need some guidance on fruit trees, specifically plums and apricots. Most of them have new growth at the tips of the limbs, but some of the lower leaves are looking rough, like they’re sunburned. I’m assuming the new growth indicates the plants are ok? Should I trim them? Or wait until next spring? My instinct is to leave them so the leaves provide shade.

Hi all. I need some guidance on fruit trees, specifically plums and apricots. Most of them have new growth at the tips of the limbs, but some of the lower leaves are looking rough, like they’re sunburned. I’m assuming the new growth indicates the plants are ok? Should I trim them? Or wait until next spring? My instinct is to leave them so the leaves provide shade.
leave them. The other leaves may have dealt with an extreme and are just suffering.

Saw on Instagram...anyone cut their squash leaves?!
I knew I heard yall talking bout growin em vertically but didn't know if yall did this too.
And what do yall use to tie up your stuff? Twine? This person used some kinda green lookin tape?
Garden Velcro, very cool stuff, inexpensive, available on Amazon for a reasonable price as I couldn’t find it locally.

Back
Top Bottom