What did you do in the garden today?

I thought about it, but decided it would more likely become a nuisance.
Haha yes that is exactly what I'm concerned about. It's constant pros and cons...on one hand the bees have abundance of early food and water is held in the ground longer... on the other hand the cover could choke out my other plants and grow out of the garden(though that I may not mind too much).... the biggest pro might be that it would out grow the grass and my hound wouldn't have itchy allergy feet from the Bermuda grass

Another rabbit bit the dust this morning. We only remove the rabbits that are actively visiting our garden.

The sweet potatoes are doing well! I’m sure they were a bit miffed by the cold (48F) temps early this morning, but otherwise all are sprouting new leaves. Many of them (10 varieties) have kept their leaves that were present upon delivery. But, some of them have lost all their original leaves and are producing all new ones. Oh yeah, I’m going to be in trouble in a few weeks with all the vines…along with the melon vines…

Another rabbit bit the dust this morning. We only remove the rabbits that are actively visiting our garden.

The sweet potatoes are doing well! I’m sure they were a bit miffed by the cold (48F) temps early this morning, but otherwise all are sprouting new leaves. Many of them (10 varieties) have kept their leaves that were present upon delivery. But, some of them have lost all their original leaves and are producing all new ones. Oh yeah, I’m going to be in trouble in a few weeks with all the vines…along with the melon vines…
I have the same vine-y issue but it's butternut squash lol my dh said 'just dig around them" haha okay

I had to get a Bayer insecticide from Home Depot, I forgot the brand name, but its the only one to mix with water and pour around the fruit trees drip line or in a container. The tree absorbs the insecticide and kills what ever eats its leaves. They give the wait time for fruits and vegetables. The bugs in my area always attack my avocado leaves, I got tired of spraying.
No offense, but that sounds creepy as heck to me. 😳

Good morning all...I had a question while looking at my garden this morning...Does anyone use clover or any other ground cover in their garden. We use straw at the moment but we have bees and I have wondered if clover would work just as well... hope all is well in your garden this morning. The heat wave finally broke and the temp is 65 this morning! So happy.
I plant white Dutch clover in my orchard. My bees love it and every time you cut it, it puts a boost of nitrogen into the soil.
Clover chokes out other plants so probably not a good thing in your garden areas unless you can keep it contained.

I had to get a Bayer insecticide from Home Depot, I forgot the brand name, but its the only one to mix with water and pour around the fruit trees drip line or in a container. The tree absorbs the insecticide and kills what ever eats its leaves. They give the wait time for fruits and vegetables. The bugs in my area always attack my avocado leaves, I got tired of spraying.

We grow everything organically here so sometimes the bugs get snacks too, lol.

Good morning all...I had a question while looking at my garden this morning...Does anyone use clover or any other ground cover in their garden. We use straw at the moment but we have bees and I have wondered if clover would work just as well... hope all is well in your garden this morning. The heat wave finally broke and the temp is 65 this morning! So happy.
I have clover in between my raised beds usually. Not so much this year, but what I like about the clover is not only the pollinators, the bunnies prefer it over garden greens.

I plant white Dutch clover in my orchard. My bees love it and every time you cut it, it puts a boost of nitrogen into the soil.
Clover chokes out other plants so probably not a good thing in your garden areas unless you can keep it contained.
Ah thank you! I think we will just put it in the bee yard then... we are planting apple, plum and pear trees next year...and elderberry bushes this years. I guess my hound will get a Bermuda grass free yard lol.

Back
Top Bottom