What did you do in the garden today?

My zinnias have gone gangbusters.... They are SO PRETTY but I'm worried they are drowning out the other flowers in the bed....

20220628_093635.jpg

20220628_093646.jpg

20220628_093702.jpg

20220628_093718.jpg

Eh... looks like my 1.5 foot tall okra are blooming. Everything ended up so stunted, dang it. Still waiting on any sign of life from the seeded pots. I'd like to get a second round of everything planted since the season still has almost 100 days left to it. Potatoes are starting to turn yellow. I could dig them now, but I remember Papa's potatoes were always nearly dead when he dug them. I'll wait another week.

Squash bugs are killing my spaghetti squash *sigh* I'll try a second round of those too, see if a later start date helps out at all.

Mowed down the strawberry beds today. & by mowed down I mean cut by hand with a pair of scissors. :sick

I just need to rake it out & clean it up & call it refreshed! I decided to leave them & not tear them out. I enjoyed the berries & we got tons so they were extremely productive.

I'm going to make strawberry rhubarb, strawberry jalapeno & plain strawberry jams. Shooting for this weekend, hopefully I have time. 🤞
IMG_20220628_125423134_HDR.jpg

Mowed down the strawberry beds today. & by mowed down I mean cut by hand with a pair of scissors. :sick

I just need to rake it out & clean it up & call it refreshed! I decided to leave them & not tear them out. I enjoyed the berries & we got tons so they were extremely productive.

I'm going to make strawberry rhubarb, strawberry jalapeno & plain strawberry jams. Shooting for this weekend, hopefully I have time. 🤞
View attachment 3166793
I am begging you to post at least the strawberry rhubarb jam on the bakers thread.

Back
Top Bottom