What did you do in the garden today?

Awesome thanks, so what you are telling me is that I don't need to be as over-mothering as I have been! lol

Haha, I mean, you can. You might even get bigger strawberries if you give some love but I think you have a great chance of success even if you forget that you planted them from what I've now experienced. Lol! 😆

I recycled some pallets into fence for my herb garden, and I've got two avocado stones growing into plants that I am going to transplant outside once they get established.

View attachment 3227110View attachment 3227112

I'm growing some avocados too! I'm not sure why I'm doing it though because the heat here always kills them when I put them outside, lol. Maybe if I put them in the shade this time.

I would love feedback on the freeze dryer! I want one in the worst way so I’m green with envy.

I will definitely share! It still hasn't quite sunk in for me that I'm actually getting one! I've wanted one for some time as well but we couldn't justify the expense. My mother in law got it for me because of grocery prices going up so much. She wanted us to have an easy way to preserve more of our garden harvest!

It's a gorgeous morning... Was in the mid-60s when I started. Now it's 71 with a nice breeze. Taking advantage of it to do some work outside. Sprayed the fruit trees. Trimming back weeds.

That sounds absolutely perfect! It's nice here too but it's about to rain. I should have gone out there early to get some things done, oops! Lol, I might just work in the rain because I'm so happy for the break from the heat.

I dumped the water out a few days ago. It’s actually hard to believe that we have had this much the last few days. 0B8AE1E4-47C7-40A7-9F28-70BCA6C971DF.jpeg
My tomatoes are finally turning red. There are only like five, but it’s at least fresh vegetables.
E797194E-9437-4508-994B-9D0D3173D7B7.jpeg

For those of you who have peach trees...

Anyone know what this is or how to treat it? It started out a quarter of this size. I tried to remove it but it was hardened. Now it is the size of a walnut and gooey. Almost a mix between jelly and sap.

Is it scab?

View attachment 3227404
This might not be of any help, but last year we bought my mother a peach tree for Mother’s Day. After a while it developed something like that. It was super gooey and sappy. It eventually started to kill the tree. It’s called peach gummosis I believe. There is a way to fix it too I think, I forget what it is. I would search the internet to find out if yours is able to be fixed.
(Also I’m not 100% sure that’s what yours is but it looks a lot like what mine looked like)

For those of you who have peach trees...

Anyone know what this is or how to treat it? It started out a quarter of this size. I tried to remove it but it was hardened. Now it is the size of a walnut and gooey. Almost a mix between jelly and sap.

Is it scab?

View attachment 3227404
OK, figured out it is canker. The bad news is that it is on a big branch that feeds several smaller branches. So far all the limbs & leaves connected to this branch are all healthy & green. I need to experiment and see if I can save it somehow.... I wonder if rubbing it with neem oil would kill the fungus?

Back
Top Bottom