What did you do in the garden today?

I really like the slightly scorched flavor, the very first time (yes I'm old) I had espresso it put me off but my tastes changed.

That scent is incredible, I loved that smell even as a kid and just couldn't believe that something that smelled so good could taste like it did. Now, my first coffee of the morning is iced black cold brew, bottled now since I've been too lazy to make my own.

Yup, that and prepping beds for fall/winter crops.

I make the their Matcha lattes at home too and better than the ones they make. Theirs are too sweet for me. I found a powdered matcha that doesn't have that weird grassy tang to it and so it doesn't need disguising. Delicious!

I don't recall the cultivated version being spready but the wild native one here sure is. We've sent for some seeds since we don't have any wild ones that we've seen.

We planted ours in feed bags but we haven't harvested yet. If this time didn't work, we'll wrap the bags in black plastic next time.

And I have to post a picture of the mural we're going to have painted on our garage door:
View attachment 3270503
We wanted our carnivorous plants, the coastline, the chickens, and a semi-hidden peace sign. The lady will start it in October and we can't wait.
PM me your address and I’ll send you some Rose of Sharon seeds! I have white blooms and purple blooms.

Good early morning gardeners. I’ve been quite busy lately. The forecast was for really chilly overnight temps near the 30”s the other day so I picked everything from the garden that was frost sensitive. I still have turnips, kale, chard and carrots growing. I haven’t pulled any plants so since we didn’t get a frost I may get more okra. The prep table/ island in my kitchen looked like a Farmer’s Market after I sorted everything out. So I’m up to my elbows in processing vegetables. Last night I made a big pot of vegetable soup using my home grown vegetables. I still have peaches to process. I’ll be making a batch of spicy peach salsa and another batch of peach preserves. Hopefully that will keep them out of the freezer which is packed. On top of all that I’ve been catching up on the mowing and working on adopting a little sister for my dog Max. If they get along at today’s visit we get to bring the little sweetie home this afternoon. I’ve turned on my pellet stove already. It’s in the sunroom and that room gets really cold over night. The pellet stove only comes on for a little while to take the chill out of the room. Time to get started on morning chores. Have a great day all.
5D06550D-3481-492E-98B3-4E5CDE4948C2.jpeg

Max is looking for a playmate.
1DCF76D3-98F4-4C6D-90A6-76EDFDFA8F55.jpeg

The weather's cooling finally! This coming week is all in supposed to stay in the 90's and nights are finally comfortable again.
My garden definitely loves the change in weather. Everything is starting to grow and produce with it.
20220925_093836.jpg
20220925_093923.jpg
20220925_093933.jpg

I went ahead and planted my spinach and radishes too and the first couple seedlings have sprung.
I leave for a month in a week though...so fingers crossed everything is still thriving when I get back. Hubby's going to be home to harvest as needed but he's got a black thumb...so a neighbors going to pop in daily to care for everything and do harvesting as well if needed.
16641252424767899090585966095408.jpg

All my kids know how to cook and have done their own laundry since they were old enough to operate the washer and dryer. They all have chores with no allowance (it's called contributing to the household). And they are all expected to help take care of the animals when needed.

They were also expected to get good grades (anything B or better). And be respectful to their elders.
This is our kids too! Feels so good to have compliments from their teachers.

Not much in the garden, maybe some fall turning and mulching

Good early morning gardeners. I’ve been quite busy lately. The forecast was for really chilly overnight temps near the 30”s the other day so I picked everything from the garden that was frost sensitive. I still have turnips, kale, chard and carrots growing. I haven’t pulled any plants so since we didn’t get a frost I may get more okra. The prep table/ island in my kitchen looked like a Farmer’s Market after I sorted everything out. So I’m up to my elbows in processing vegetables. Last night I made a big pot of vegetable soup using my home grown vegetables. I still have peaches to process. I’ll be making a batch of spicy peach salsa and another batch of peach preserves. Hopefully that will keep them out of the freezer which is packed. On top of all that I’ve been catching up on the mowing and working on adopting a little sister for my dog Max. If they get along at today’s visit we get to bring the little sweetie home this afternoon. I’ve turned on my pellet stove already. It’s in the sunroom and that room gets really cold over night. The pellet stove only comes on for a little while to take the chill out of the room. Time to get started on morning chores. Have a great day all.
View attachment 3270957

Max is looking for a playmate.
View attachment 3270958
Your produce is just beautiful and your dog is adorable! Lucky you! :love

Back
Top Bottom