What did you do in the garden today?

Breezy, but mild. Temp is going to crash in the next 24 hours. So it goes.

I gave the chickens 4 totes of wood chips. When I left, they were having a party.

Loofahs need a long, warm season. Like tomatoes, only longer, so I've read. I might get some seeds and try sprouting them again, early, to see if I can make the season long enough for them to grow and bear fruit. The two vines I had a few years ago were very spindly, and only one had 5" long, skinny gourds before frost took them down.
I’m hoping that i can start the loofah early under a hoop house to give them a head start. Or maybe start them in the house. We shall see!

Sorted seeds, took seed inventory, and placed some seed orders this past week. Packaged up some seeds to send to friends that I know they'll like for next season (this amount might last them a couple years). Remainder of week I'll start some winter greens to transplant into greenhouse.

Great horned owl was sitting on top of the hen house. The girls were lock up already for the night but were riled up anyway. THe owl was only interested in mice, and was even hiding on the ground and pouncing around corners. It was cool to watch and film.
Then she vanished into the barn and the alpacas refused to go in until she flew out. LOL.
Silly fluffy butts.
They probably heard her killing mice.
She is a most welcome guest, heck, she can set up house if she wants.

EF8C683D-A2B5-4B28-97F5-B198CC614487.jpeg
9B9B0ADF-D44A-455C-94FF-A77DF7808C37.jpeg

We had high winds last night in Poplar Bluff. It tore the siding off the back side of our house down there. 😞

Back
Top Bottom