What did you do in the garden today?

I discovered that planting turnips after onions actually produced edible size turnips this past year @Grandmas Coop. The plan this year is to get the onions in the ground as early as possible then plant turnips after the onion harvest. I tried planting Fordhook lima beans two seasons ago @Acre4Me. After the second planting of seeds, some actually came up and I may have harvested two small servings of them. DD wants to try it this year so hopefully she has better luck with them. The majority of the area that was cleared of trees is on a slope. Just have to do some light terracing of planting beds. I have to wait until the large logs are moved to see just how much of the area is a little flatter. The heavy machinery they use leaves deep ruts in the ground also.

Last edited:
Got the housemouse yesterday.
Judging by the 'presents' I found in the pantry, I think there is only one.
I cleaned up all that, and tossed what he had gotten into, cleaned what the UV light said he tinkled on, and have not seen repeat evidence of any more, yet. Traps are all still out. It's been about 7 years since one got in the house. Not a lot for them to get into once they're in.
Unless you have a thoughtless Fall and leave a plastic bag of flax seed on the shelf and 20 ounces of coconut candy, yes, he ate ALL 20 ounces. UGH.
Security camera shows at least two more mice in the shop So I'll tackle that tonight as well.
Mice gross me out.

I have 1 in every room. 😂 I have to use them for everything, its getting old. I cannot wait to be able to put my pants on like a normal person. Lol. I am def getting frustrated now because I feel good but am still just as limited as I was when I was in pain.
I get that. Hubs still doesn’t put pants on like a normal person. He has to steady himself against a wall to put them on or sit down. He’s also not comfortable getting in and out of my car because it’s too low. There are likely lifestyle changes in your future. The good thing is you can adapt your gardens. Raised beds and/or vertical gardening may end up working better for you in the long run.

I have the legitimate itch to garden, but winter just set in for real (got about 9" of snow in the past 24 hours). It really hit me last night, it's a physical feeling, almost like a small stomach ache. I'm trying to help it by looking at different trellis designs for my very indeterminate tomatoes. We can get some strong winds, so they need to be sturdy. My garden beds are not raised, so they don't have any existing structure to be attached to. I'm thinking about redesigning that bed, so that I'll have two 2'x12' beds, instead of one 4'x12' bed. Yes, I am going to do that because it would make maintenance and harvest MUCH easier. YAY! An excuse to pull up my garden plan and rethink through EVERYTHING! :weeThat should help scratch the gardening itch for a little bit!

I discovered that planting turnips after onions actually produced edible size turnips this past year @Grandmas Coop. The plan this year is to get the onions in the ground as early as possible then plant turnips after the onion harvest. I tried planting Fordhook lima beans two seasons ago @Acre4Me. After the second planting of seeds, some actually came up and I may have harvested two small servings of them. DD wants to try it this year so hopefully she has better luck with them. The majority of the area that was cleared of trees is on a slope. Just have to do some light terracing of planting beds. I have to wait until the large logs are moved to see just how much of the area is a little flatter. The heavy machinery they use leaves deep ruts in thew ground also.
We catch stray cats in our live trap all the time when trying to catch coons so I'm suspecting yours will work too.

Back
Top Bottom