What did you do in the garden today?

I ended up ordering 3 different pineapple plants. I really enjoy fresh pineapple so I don't mind the effort.

I thought you had pulled all your pineapple out of your garden because you were frustrated with their lack of progress?
I put four in wicking bucket and moved them to a sunny location, in my back yard. I left 3 on the side of my house in the same pots and used calcium carbide on two plants, but only one has fruit forming. They are about 2 years old, so the bigger plants should be ready. The plants on the side of my house only gets about 5 hours of morning sun, so I didn't think it would flower, but it did. It seems flowering is more of a survival and maturity instinct and not dependent on how many sun hours it gets.

I can't insert an image of my pineapple until my computer resets itself to another time. My new Bitdefender virus protection is too extreme. It blocks my camera and window calculator. It's also blocking my Dell computer's maintenance application, so I can't download updates. My reset program says it will take 2 hours to gather information, but I am not sure if my Bitdefender will override the program. Lol, it's going to be a long wait.

Last edited:
Received my flower seeds from Bakers today. The free seed packet is lettuce. I wish they would give away free flower seed when you are buying flowers and vegetable seed when you are buying vegetables. Would seem like a no-brainer. 🙄
Me too!!! I ordered many seeds, all flowers (except 2 veg). But, 2 kinds of lettuce for me too. We will try them, but I was hoping for another packet of flowers!!

legit gardening today, Feb 1, 35F, west central Ohio.

Took out the hoe and seed packets of poppies. Spread some seeds here and there where I’d like some poppies. Then, I walked around to look at the fruit trees.

There was sun today, so that was very nice to experience as it has been awhile since the sun has been seen.

Oh, I’m going to guess the goats are pregnant. They are WIDE!! Assuming the one was impregnated right away (the stud was really really focused on her - and ignored the other) then she is just about 3 months pregnant, with 2 months to go. The other one looks less wide. So she is likely not as far along and/ or fewer babies. We think she is 2-3 weeks behind the other.

Well, I didn't have much daylight left after I finally finished with work. I finished spraying fruit with the All Season oil. Then I decided I needed to clean up the strawberry barrels. I did one barrel in the dark yesterday. Two more left to do... I didn't get very far before it got too dark. About 2/3rds of the way through the next barrel. However, I did find quite a few baby runners that never got potted and still have green leaves. I collected 22 of them so far. I put them in a pie pan with some water and put them under lights. We'll see if they start growing... If they do, I'll pot them up and start another strawberry patch somewhere...

20240201_181858.jpg

Oh, I did go through my seeds today too and pulled the ones that need cold stratification. Put them in a padded envelope and in my spare refrigerator. I'll pull them out in a couple of weeks after we get past February, I think.

Back
Top Bottom