What did you do in the garden today?

There was a little frost on my truck this morning, and it's supposed to get down to 32 degrees tomorrow morning. My tomatoes want to be in the garden but it's too early. Mid May is best for setting out tomato plants in my area.
Do you warm your garden beds with black plastic? We used to do that in Connecticut.

Planted these and tore up most of the weed cloth in the vegetable garden. Have to lift the bed up to get to the rest. But yeah. It was all torn up and holes in it and stuff so we’re just gonna put new down.

View attachment 3803280
I have a lily like the white one pictured.
IMG_20230610_084442255_HDR~2.jpg

June 2023

A friend of mine refers to one of the local channels as "Panic 8."

I was hoping for a good watering last night/today. Yesterday, they forecast close to an inch here. Now it's down to 1/10-1/4 inch.

The local team ("panic 8") really does do the best forecast of the 3 network stations here. They have the most up-to-date meteorological equipment/software, and their broadcast is the most "lay person" accessible.

The chief meteorologist also likes to explain obscure weather stuff, like "fetch." It's the distance wind blows across water to pick up moisture and then dump it on land as precipitation. Being close to Lake Michigan, that's important, especially in the winter with lake effect snow.

There was a day last winter when there were strong due north winds. They blew all the way down the length of Lake Michigan and dumped huge amounts of snow on Chicago.
"Panic 8" 🤣

I refer to the local station forecasting as In-accuweather! When they predict storms and rain I water my gardens anyway.

G’morning all. Nothing much outside here today, job hunting and inside chores are on my agenda. Blah. The aloe is in bloom along with another succulent that I don’t remember the name of. So are the yellow bells

IMG_7681.jpeg

Carolina jessamine is blooming too. Elvis is behind it, he was fibbing about some treat he found back there
IMG_7678.jpeg

These are our temps for the next week. My weekend will be spent arranging things for maximum shade and getting the pool ready. Still too early for ice water, but some cool water in the afternoon will be appreciated
IMG_7702.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom