What did you do in the garden today?

I just rode 10.5 miles on the bike round trip for a slice of cheesecake for dessert tonight. LOL
I just buy men's coveralls and alter them. But we SHOULDN"T HAVE TO!
I'm laughing about riding miles to compensate for cheesecake šŸ¤£

About the darn clothes...never had an issue til the 1990s. Prior to that I could grab anything & not even have to try it on. What they did was add nasty fabrics to the mix, rayon, uncomfortable, scratchy stuff, then they changed sizing. Suddenly everything was huge...a size 2 fit like a size 9. Why? Because the new crappy fabrics shrink that bad? Then all brands decided to have "their own size" & not conform. Well, then I was a size 2 for some things, a double zero for some, or a size 7 for another. It is crazy! It should not have to be so difficult to get something to wear for goodness sakes.
And don't even get me started on sleepwear!!! What woman wants to sweat & wake up drenched? There were No Cotton night shirts or night gowns for years & today they're still hard to find. I got a bunch of men's white 100% cotton T-Shirts, size large & tie died them. Cotton is the best, why are they pushing these nasty fabrics?

Zone 6b Gardner here!
We have lots of stuff coming up and a few blossoms coming through.
Strawberry blossoms pictured. šŸ“

Have a question for 6b peeps,
Have you had your asparagus come back up yet?
My plants would be second year crowns this year. Let them grow and fluff out last year and trimmed them back before spring this winter.
Have yet to see any popping up. šŸ˜•
Is it to early or are they done for?

Attachments

• 20240501_123530.jpg
    20240501_123530.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 1
I'm laughing about riding miles to compensate for cheesecake šŸ¤£

And don't even get me started on sleepwear!!! What woman wants to sweat & wake up drenched? There were No Cotton night shirts or night gowns for years & today they're still hard to find. I got a bunch of men's white 100% cotton T-Shirts, size large & tie died them. Cotton is the best, why are they pushing these nasty fabrics?
I rode the bike to compensate and pick up the cheesecake- tiny Mexican food hole in the wall at our local marina. It's the only eatery for 30 miles and dang it, I want cheesecake. LOL
=====
and as for the nasty fabrics....ugh they SMELL and hold the smell
I can't count the number of times I've been behind someone in line that was decked out for a run or yoga, and had never seen the inside of a studio or hit road with trainers, and smelled to high heaven of ...body ick. No underwear, straight through spandex GROSS.....
Do you not have friends and family that love you enough to tell you you STINK of old, unwashed clothes and body funk??
======
OC I'm also tired of seeing people wear all this skin tight crap as clothing. Only time I'm in it is for house lounge wear, ranch work that is too warm for work pants but too chill for shorts, or my 12 mile bike rides.
======

DH is out trying to shoot that little tree rat that keeps tearing up my garlic bed. :he He made a big mess last night tearing everything up.

I have bush beans coming up - yay!

& I planted the seed in DHs head on how to run water to all of my GreenStalks from the top so they will still spin & he is running with it. :yesss: I wanted to wait till next year, but I have a feeling I'll have water to them in the next few weeks. Man I love him. LOL

Ladies wearing men's clothes nobody will care. Guys wearing women's clothes would get some strange looks.:lol:
I work at a college - there are no strange looks for that anymore, that is the norm.

Back
Top Bottom