What did you do with your flock today?

Aloha gang,
Oh what a last couple of daze :p. Little kitten has me hoping along with my 3 sets of chicks and the big flock (plus 1) and rooster shuffle of course. I have to make sure I scrub in between kitties and I swear that takes up most my time :hmm. Kitten spent last night with new folks but back to me today as they went to work and I can apply the drops etc.

My husband is bringing me a chick to watch for a month for his friend, plus a bunch of this guys meal worms... I am wondering how and when I am going to make it up Koke'e with my circus. Plus I just started 60+ eggs from Monday - today. I DO know what I am up against... but I'm doing it anyways :idunnofeels instinctual. I think it is the chickens rubbing off on me... OR they mind tricked me into it. So the shuffle has become an art form and a skilled dance.

DH unloaded the U-haul with some of his moms stuff and we spent 1/2 the day cleaning up and out AJ's family room.

I need to do a big scrub and mulching of my coops and run. I am hoping to get the girls settled up the mountain and then come spend a day doing what FD did. Just lovely. @FrankieDoodle I am completely jealous of your coop scrub- It looks fabulous, your birds look fabulous.

@Mutchi how's the egg shells and have you figure out a solution that works for you?
I had an egg eater once but she was more of an opportunist as in they all are. The worming, slowing on snacks, layer feed along with a freshened up side of oyster shells and some vitamins did the trick. Some times my girls need a little spa time, actually, every so many months they do. All work and no play makes my hens dull girls.

Here is just a little progression of sick kitty but not the worst and not one of today.
I waited a day & 1/2 to bathe him because I wanted him to eat and get some strength. A couple times I though he died in my hands... the skinniest kitty I have ever seen.
20210618_114249.jpg

His eye got steamed open and I was able to administer the drops better.
Eat and sleep.
20210618_125613.jpg

I think this is my day three cuz it took a bit to get both eyes open.
20210619_153151.jpg 20210619_153208.jpg

His second day out to play, maybe day 6, can see and track, putting on some lbs. Needs to be wormed but too early from what I have read.
20210620_113109.jpg
Yesterday morning. One eye looks to have scar tissue. I'll keep dropping him. Hoping people take him to vet soon. More clean up to do but I am very proud of this little guy. He is very strong and brave.
20210621_182050.jpg

Brooder mates. Any guesses on who is the roo? 20210619_123358~2.jpg
My fat cats :love
20210616_142951~2.jpg
20210618_094351.jpg

Waiting for DH's flight to come in Saturday morning.
20210619_102908.jpg

Last edited:
Aloha gang,
Oh what a last couple of daze :p. Little kitten has me hoping along with my 3 sets of chicks and the big flock (plus 1) and rooster shuffle of course. I have to make sure I scrub in between kitties and I swear that takes up most my time :hmm. Kitten spent last night with new folks but back to me today as they went to work and I can apply the drops etc.

My husband is bringing me a chick to watch for a month for his friend, plus a bunch of this guys meal worms... I am wondering how and when I am going to make it up Koke'e with my circus. Plus I just started 60+ eggs from Monday - today. I DO know what I am up against... but I'm doing it anyways :idunnofeels instinctual. I think it is the chickens rubbing off on me... OR they mind tricked me into it. So the shuffle has become an art form and a skilled dance.

DH unloaded the U-haul with some of his moms stuff and we spent 1/2 the day cleaning up and out AJ's family room.

I need to do a big scrub and mulching of my coops and run. I am hoping to get the girls settled up the mountain and then come spend a day doing what FD did. Just lovely. @FrankieDoodle I am completely jealous of your coop scrub- It looks fabulous, your birds look fabulous.

@Mutchi how's the egg shells and have you figure out a solution that works for you?
I had an egg eater once but she was more of an opportunist as in they all are. The worming, slowing on snacks, layer feed along with a freshened up side of oyster shells and some vitamins did the trick. Some times my girls need a little spa time, actually, every so many months they do. All work and no play makes my hens dull girls.

Here is just a little progression of sick kitty but not the worst and not one of today.
I waited a day & 1/2 to bathe him because I wanted him to eat and get some strength. A couple times I though he died in my hands... the skinniest kitty I have ever seen.
View attachment 2732056

Eat and sleep.
View attachment 2732058

View attachment 2732061View attachment 2732062

His second day out to play, maybe day 6, can see and track, putting on some lbs. Needs to be wormed but too early from what I have read.
View attachment 2732063
Yesterday morning. One eye looks to have scar tissue. I'll keep dropping him. Hoping people take him to vet soon. More clean up to do but I am very proud of this little guy. He is very strong and brave.
View attachment 2732065

Brooder mates. Any guesses on who is the roo?View attachment 2732060
My fat cats :love View attachment 2732054View attachment 2732055
View attachment 2732059
You’re an angel!🙏😇

(And apparently a great dancer.) 😜

Aloha gang,

View attachment 2732056

Eat and sleep.
View attachment 2732058

View attachment 2732063
View attachment 2732065

View attachment 2732059
Oh he has my heart too poor liitle kid love the orange and white my old cat Joey lost him at 15

Aloha gang,

View attachment 2732056

Eat and sleep.
View attachment 2732058

View attachment 2732063
View attachment 2732065

View attachment 2732059
Thank you! It sounds like you’ve been busy. How’s the kitty? Were you able to get it to the vet yet?
Beautiful pictures! The last one is gorgeous. It looks like something you’d see on a computer screensaver. :love

Today/yesterday I scrubbed coop #3 up. It’s a lot smaller than the other two, so it didn’t take as long. The new four are on night two in the big coop, and so far everything has been going okay, knock on wood.
The Polish were upgraded to coop #3, but it’s too soon to see how they like it. It’s bigger than what they had before, so I’m sure they’ll get used to it quickly.

Hi gang!
Oh my gosh kitten is such a rock star! His mommy was able to get him to the vet on Thursday. He spent much of the day there and they helped him out immensely. He got a new drop on top of the antibiotic and he got wormed. So, I did not get any visits on Thursday but got him on Friday (yesterday) and I tell you... what a crack up. He has become a real boy! I let him out for exercise and fun in the garden and he got all puffed up and chased my chickens. Wish I had had my camera because it was just beautiful. He really is one terrific kitten. Vet says they think they may be able to do the surgery and save his eye!!!!! And he makes this nice young gal so happy. What a pair. She is really doing the footwork for him, he has a good home.

20210625_192018.jpg
Chick I am sitting has joined her mini flock. She is the little brown one. A Kauai feral who thinks she is a person, good news is she seems to like chickens lol.
20210624_090712~3.jpg 20210624_090751~2.jpg
Always good to have helpers... see mochi supervising? Hint** he is on the lanai.
20210621_080349~2.jpg
20210621_083107.jpg
Got the small wall for my mobile coop framed (thank you DH!) and I will put the wire on it today after we dry fit it. We located some old roofing tin for the roof and will be picking that up this morning. Hopefully just a few days till I start making my move up to Koke'e!!!!

Hi gang!
Oh my gosh kitten is such a rock star! His mommy was able to get him to the vet on Thursday. He spent much of the day there and they helped him out immensely. He got a new drop on top of the antibiotic and he got wormed. So, I did not get any visits on Thursday but got him on Friday (yesterday) and I tell you... what a crack up. He has become a real boy! I let him out for exercise and fun in the garden and he got all puffed up and chased my chickens. Wish I had had my camera because it was just beautiful. He really is one terrific kitten. Vet says they think they may be able to do the surgery and save his eye!!!!! And he makes this nice young gal so happy. What a pair. She is really doing the footwork for him, he has a good home.

View attachment 2735910
Chick I am sitting has joined her mini flock. She is the little brown one. A Kauai feral who thinks she is a person, good news is she seems to like chickens lol.
View attachment 2735908View attachment 2735909
Always good to have helpers... see mochi supervising? Hint** he is on the lanai.
View attachment 2735907
View attachment 2735936
Got the small wall for my mobile coop framed (thank you DH!) and I will put the wire on it today after we dry fit it. We located some old roofing tin for the roof and will be picking that up this morning. Hopefully just a few days till I start making my move up to Koke'e!!!!
I'm so glad he's doing better! He's a cutie. :love
Those chicks are adorable!

Back
Top Bottom