What did you do with your flock today?

Yesterday my girls got leftover boiled eggs, and last night I had to patch Beigie up a bit. The poor girl tore a strip of her comb like a hangnail. :(
She was a good girl. I managed to get her all cleaned up and back outside before she pooped on me, which doesn’t normally happen, and least not with the other birds.
F9F8140C-4509-4885-85D7-7E7964241ADA.jpeg

27F59C6F-B830-4844-A03E-FAE6AC688B62.jpeg

Morning I have two new birds to me Was told they where brown leghorns folks here said they are silver leghorns. Gal I bough them from said flighty not so far showed the nipples to drink did firn primed the 4 on the bucket.
They are in the silkie coop as no banty right now ..

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 1
Aloha gang!
I think it has been a week or close to. Nice new birds @penny. You must report on how you like as you go. Love their markings :love

Last week I hung up Koke'e with DH's puppy and we went for lots of walks. Also, spending time with old cat Marley who actually has transformed into a sweet little kitten again up Koke'e.

20210727_111624.jpg 20210727_112900.jpg 20210727_111856.jpg 20210727_113050.jpg 20210728_070444.jpg
Made a bouquet out of Gardenia and Rhododendron that I found on the walk.
Dreamy!
20210728_165503 (2).jpg

I took my pal on on a quick drive to see the Kalalau's. They show off real nicely when the sun is low.
20210729_171245.jpg
20210729_174735.jpg
20210729_174609.jpg

Growing out 24 chicks. I have never grown out that many of one age at one time. Brooder is crowded and will last maybe 2 more weeks at best. Travel has been getting tricky and I will more than likely bring them down and house in the rooster coop in a week or so and just tell Ivan to be nice or else! 🪓🪓🪓
20210729_135835.jpg
My little sweets are trampling the geezers out of the plantings and roaming deep into the forest for guava and what few bugs they can find. Big difference in foraging in coolness and big spaces as opposed to down the mountain in a more manicured yard.
20210727_094452.jpg

K. That's my wrap. MIL is on her way and I have to catch up on chores and kitty snuggles.
I hope you all are well.
On a side note our covid #'s have been increasing steadily ever since they let tourist back on Isle. I am absolutely hating it. I do not know why anyone would travel for a holiday during a pandemic. Well... :confused: I guess it is up to the individuals to not be jerks and lie. Good luck with that I guess.... anywho, stay well all!!! Be good and be safe!!! 🌴:frow

Things are not always as black & white as they seem. The numbers are soaring everywhere. People who have been previously vaccinated are still getting sick.

I haven’t seen a single soul from my family in three years. Not one. We are not young & some of their lives are going sideways. You never know if you will get another opportunity & I wanted to see them. I went. I saw. I was careful. I washed so frequently I gave myself a rash. I was the only person in the stores that wore a mask. I got sick regardless.

I guess I’m just feeling a little sensitive. Being deathly ill will do that to you, but people here have caught this thing at the store, at the bank, at work, at the doctor, literally everywhere. I dont even like sitting at a stop light with other cars with my window down.

I know there are still a few covid conspiracy people out there who don’t believe this thing is real, but most people are probably not setting out to purposely lie & contaminate others. Please try to be kind.

Frankie, sorry to hijack your thread. Back on topic… What have I done with my flock? Nothing. I can’t even see them,😭 but hopefully I will be able to soon.

Back
Top Bottom